Ballistic advantage barrels

shepman

Does anyone have any experience with there barrels? I ordered a 18” fluted Wylde chambered model for a upper I’m putting together. Thanks

They are outstanding in my book. Fit and finish is great. The flutes are deep and make the barrels quite light. All that I have or had have shot really well and were never picky with handloads. Never had any feeding issues.

I'll 2nd Ballistic Advantage barrels being a great value.

Ballistic Advantage also has an MOA guarantee on their barrels.

I have five AR10 (Aero M5) .308 builds and four are sub-MOA. The fifth has an Aimpoint and I've not benched it per se but it shoots very well for the set up and intended application... I'm sure with a scope and match ammo it too would be at MOA or below.

I recently finished up a Mk12 Mod 0 build using Ballistic Advantage's 18" barrel complete with the AEM5 suppressor... just have not hit the range with it to see what performance I'll get.

I have 2 of their 6.5 Grendel barrels and 3 of their 18in wylde 223 and a 16in wylde 223 and all have been very good on my builds. Well under MOA with my reloads.

Originally Posted By: deaddogwalkinI have 2 of their 6.5 Grendel barrels and 3 of their 18in wylde 223 and a 16in wylde 223 and all have been very good on my builds. Well under MOA with my reloads.

Slipped my mind... these two builds are in 6.5G with Ballistic Advantage SS barrels, one 18" and one 20".

Like yours, both are sub-MOA shooters with my hand loads.

Just finished up a Mk12 Mod 0 build.

I'll tell you why I buy Ballistic Advantage when I can...

The first barrel for some reason I could not get MOA or under. No matter what I tried, ammo I used, tore down and reassembled the build, still not at MOA or below.

Sent Ballistic Advantage an RMA request Saturday... on Monday, by end of the day, I had a shipping number for a replacement barrel. It arrived yesterday... JUST THREE DAYS turn around time with no BS about sending in the suspect barrel first.

Hit the range just before dark and was in a big hurry. Fired three 5-shot groups with three different hand loads. Two groups were at/below MOA and the third was just over MOA.

No doubt with very little effort at the loading bench and a little seasoning of the barrel, it's going to be an MOA and below shooter, just like they guarantee.

You simply can't beat the price, the quality/finish, and their performance guarantee.

Originally Posted By: Bowhntr6ptJust finished up a Mk12 Mod 0 build.

The first barrel for some reason I could not get MOA or under. No matter what I tried, ammo I used, tore down and reassembled the build, still not at MOA or below.

Sent Ballistic Advantage an RMA request Saturday... on Monday, by end of the day, I had a shipping number for a replacement barrel. It arrived yesterday... JUST THREE DAYS turn around time with no BS about sending in the suspect barrel first.

Hit the range just before dark and was in a big hurry. Fired three 5-shot groups with three different hand loads. Two groups were at/below MOA and the third was just over MOA.

No doubt with very little effort at the loading bench and a little seasoning of the barrel, it's going to be an MOA and below shooter, just like they guarantee.

You simply can't beat the price, the quality/finish, and their performance guarantee.

Were you able to contact them to see what the issue was with your original barrel?

Originally Posted By: NonnieselmanOriginally Posted By: Bowhntr6ptJust finished up a Mk12 Mod 0 build.

Were you able to contact them to see what the issue was with your original barrel?

I have it packed up and ready to go back... due to cost and logistics, I doubt very seriously they will mess with it.

But then again, I don't know what they do with returned barrels.

I finally got my barrel and it looks excellent. I haven’t shot much paper with it yet other than sighting it in but so far so good.

Back