Any YHM Turbo users? .22 cal specifically

the noobie

Just curious if anyone in here runs any of the .22 cal YHM Turbo suppressors? Thoughts or input? Likes Dislikes etc. Been searching trying to find any info I can but not finding as much as I thought. A lot of it is paid for by or sponsored.

Right off my worry is their ratcheting QD system. It does not appear to be robust but I am not sure if that's because I have been spending too much time looking at the AAC 51T and Surefire Socom lineup.

Currently I will only be running ARs. Hunting and on range (small local 2 gun and carbine shoots._

My plan is to also rebarrel the bolt gun with a threaded barrel in the future. I am leaning towards the AAC offerings but wanted to get some input and this place seems to the best for not getting the typical "stop being poor" replies I am finding elsewhere.

I have one waiting for a stamp to clear (and a Resonator, too). Did a lot of research and for the price they can't be beat, especially considering the sound reduction. Silencershop has videos of shooting various suppressors and the sound reduction. These YHM suppressors are really good.

Probably should add, It's been all research at this point. Once I actually get to use it I'm hoping all my research is validated.

Last edited:
Yep, got one right here:
Troy19Jan2019Bobcat1-L.jpg

It's my first and so far only can, so I'm not really qualified to compare to others. I can say that for the price, I am happy with its performance. It seems to suppress as well as other .22 caliber cans I've been around. I have had no issues with the ratcheting QD, though I can say with some certainty that I haven't removed it more than half a dozen times in the year plus I've been using it.

Likes - affordable, good quality, light weight, easy on/easy off, piece of cake to install
Dislikes - none at this time

If I had it to do over, I'd buy it again. In fact, I'm considering just that for a bolt gun.

Originally Posted By: 30CarbinerI have one waiting for a stamp to clear (and a Resonator, too). Did a lot of research and for the price they can't be beat, especially considering the sound reduction. Silencershop has videos of shooting various suppressors and the sound reduction. These YHM suppressors are really good.

My initial research seemed really good too. The cost to sound reduction like you mentioned is really good. Also sounds like YHM has fantastic customer service.

Originally Posted By: DesertRamYep, got one right here:
Troy19Jan2019Bobcat1-L.jpg

It's my first and so far only can, so I'm not really qualified to compare to others. I can say that for the price, I am happy with its performance. It seems to suppress as well as other .22 caliber cans I've been around. I have had no issues with the ratcheting QD, though I can say with some certainty that I haven't removed it more than half a dozen times in the year plus I've been using it.

Likes - affordable, good quality, light weight, easy on/easy off, piece of cake to install
Dislikes - none at this time

If I had it to do over, I'd buy it again. In fact, I'm considering just that for a bolt gun.

Thank you just what I was after. Is that the Turbo k or the larger one?

The QD system is replaceable on the Turbo. It is bulky and heavy. YHM sells a direct thread piece that will screw in and replace the QD system. It will shorten the suppressor by an inch.

https://yhm.net/direct-thread-suppressor-mounts.html

Hansohn brothers sells a titanium direct thread adapter that will also work with it.

https://hansohnbrothers.com/shop/hansohn...thread-adapter/

Griffin armament also sells a titanium brake that might work.

https://www.griffinarmament.com/taper-mount-minimalist-brake-titanium/

I have an Omega and a Turbo K and shot them side by side on identical uppers. The Turbo K sounds good with earpro on, nice low tone, but it is definitely a louder can than the Omega as expected. I mostly bought the K on a whim because it was only $320. I would buy the regular Turbo if I could do it over though. The K is tiny and light but the full size Turbo is only 1" longer.

Originally Posted By: the noobieJust curious if anyone in here runs any of the .22 cal YHM Turbo suppressors? Thoughts or input? Likes Dislikes etc. Been searching trying to find any info I can but not finding as much as I thought. A lot of it is paid for by or sponsored.

Right off my worry is their ratcheting QD system. It does not appear to be robust but I am not sure if that's because I have been spending too much time looking at the AAC 51T and Surefire Socom lineup.

Currently I will only be running ARs. Hunting and on range (small local 2 gun and carbine shoots._

My plan is to also rebarrel the bolt gun with a threaded barrel in the future. I am leaning towards the AAC offerings but wanted to get some input and this place seems to the best for not getting the typical "stop being poor" replies I am finding elsewhere.

I am waiting for my Turbo 556 to get out of jail. In the meantime I run a YHM-Phantom 30cal QD on my 16in .308 and I love it.

I went with the Turbo because I want to run it on my 17 Rem, 204's and 223's primarily for fox hunting and the Phantom is a bit big and heavy for that. I have had my hands on the Turbo and that just makes me dream about it at night. It is light, short and attaches the same way that my Phantom does. As far as concerns over the QD ratchet mechanism, don't worry about it. It is robust. I like to be able to use the QD muzzle brakes as sacrificial elements to help protect my blast baffle. Never had any issues with the QD mount.

I can't tell you anything bad about the Surefire. I have used them and they are nice but are just out of my price range.

I will be sure to give a full review just as soon as my Turbo gets outta jail.

Originally Posted By: 1loboWhat caliber were you shooting? I have a Resonator and it's quieter than my Omega on .223.

American Eagle 55gr 5.56mm, identical 11.5" uppers.

Last edited:
Lo and behold I got a call from my dealer that my paperwork came through. I'll probably get over there Monday to get my Turbo. I'll post up results as soon as I get them...

Originally Posted By: SnowmanMoLo and behold I got a call from my dealer that my paperwork came through. I'll probably get over there Monday to get my Turbo. I'll post up results as soon as I get them...

Do report back. I am debating getting the process going this weekend haha

Originally Posted By: the noobieOriginally Posted By: SnowmanMoLo and behold I got a call from my dealer that my paperwork came through. I'll probably get over there Monday to get my Turbo. I'll post up results as soon as I get them...

Do report back. I am debating getting the process going this weekend haha

Here you go sir.

I decided to throw in a .223 since that is what I figured most guys would be using. I had to refit my test bed .223 with an adjustable gas block and YHM QD Mount. I had both so it just took me a little time this morning to get it ready. So you can hear the difference between the two rifles suppressed and unsuppressed.

I added two more videos from this mornings test in the suppressed forum. I think you’ll be happy with the Turbo.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SnowmanMoI decided to throw in a .223 since that is what I figured most guys would be using. I had to refit my test bed .223 with an adjustable gas block and YHM QD Mount. I had both so it just took me a little time this morning to get it ready. So you can hear the difference between the two rifles suppressed and unsuppressed.

I added two more videos from this mornings test in the suppressed forum. I think you’ll be happy with the Turbo.

Awesome! Thank you for taking the time and getting some videos.

I think I'll have to get one going. The money saved over the others I was wanting will leave enough money to rebarrel the Rem 700 with a threaded barrel so i can run it on everything.

Back