Converse County Wyoming lion hunting

Toro

A buddy of mine has family in converse county Wyoming. We can stay there and try to call in a mountain lion. We are thinking about giving it a try. Never tried it before but have always wanted too. Anyone familiar with this area? Is it a decent area for an avid coyote hunter with a fox pro to have a chance at bagging one of these lions? Zero experience lion hunting.

If you mean Esterbrook or Laramie Peak, Converse County, yes, you may find a lion in that part of the County.

By reputation, There have been mature, heavy lions (200+ pounds) taken on the Northern side of Laramie Peak.

This one came from about 20 miles south of the Peak:

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...300#Post2048300

And DoubleCK is spot on about calling lions. Getting one like you are talking about is rarer than winning the Powerball.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies guys. I didn’t realize it is such a rarity to call one in. Is it because of the vastness of the area, the low density of lions in area or the stealth and wariness of lions in general? Just curious as to what you guys think is the biggest challenge when trying to call in a lion in that area.
Thanks Art

Originally Posted By: ToroThanks for the replies guys. I didn’t realize it is such a rarity to call one in. Is it because of the vastness of the area, the low density of lions in area or the stealth and wariness of lions in general? Just curious as to what you guys think is the biggest challenge when trying to call in a lion in that area.
Thanks Art

All of the above. (-:

Back