Freedom

tnshootist

I can not and do not presume to speak for our fallen fighting men and women and do not intend to express any but my own thoughts.
In my mind every soldier that gave his all for this country in every war or conflict did so with the thought of freedom in his mind.It has been called the love of country that gave them the courage to give up all they ever hoped to have in that minute but surely love of country to them meant freedom.
Freedom!
I love this country as they must have.As most of you also do.But I submit that love of country is the love of freedom.
The same freedom of our founders dream.The freedom hard won and hard maintained.The freedom young men and women paid for with their unfulfilled dream of life that we have been so fortunate to have inherited from them.
We must not let them down.
Let each of us find a way to fight to preserve the freedom we so dearly love.
Let us pray it's not to late.We really do not want to have to fight for our freedom the hard way.It's romantic to think about but I feel sure that if our fallen could talk to us they would implore us to find a better way.

Let us pray our friends in Virginia can manage to present with honor our intention to remain free in the upcoming days and that the rest of us can make our support known to all.

The Governor has erected fences around the Capital and had declared a state of emergency. Most, if not all Democrats, including the Governor, have stated that they will not be at the Capital tomorrow. Some have been relocated to "safe houses" because they claim that they have received threats.

That is not all...They have introduced several new bills including to allow felons to vote, no photo ID to vote, give Va's electoral votes to the national popular vote in presidential elections, elect the Governor based on Congressional Districts, not the popular vote, and extending the Governors term to 8 years.
The Democrats have the majority in both houses and they are voting straight party line.
Unless the Republicans can regain control in 2021, we are doomed to be the next California.

I have read about the things you mention 1trkyhntr. I really hate it has come to this in your state. Especially since you are just next door.

Definitely some dark times ahead here in VA. My only hope is that what’s happening here will wake up the rest of the country to see what’s in store and surely to follow if people like this continue to be voted into office.

Originally Posted By: 1trkyhntrThe Governor has erected fences around the Capital and had declared a state of emergency. Most, if not all Democrats, including the Governor, have stated that they will not be at the Capital tomorrow. Some have been relocated to "safe houses" because they claim that they have received threats.

That is not all...They have introduced several new bills including to allow felons to vote, no photo ID to vote, give Va's electoral votes to the national popular vote in presidential elections, elect the Governor based on Congressional Districts, not the popular vote, and extending the Governors term to 8 years.
The Democrats have the majority in both houses and they are voting straight party line.
Unless the Republicans can regain control in 2021, we are doomed to be the next California.

WOW!

I was there yesterday and everything went well, only one arrest. A lefty woman refused to remove a mask after the police asked her three times. The media has been downplaying the number in attendance. Media says there were twenty thousand people there but I'd say it was over a hundred thousand. A petition to recall our idiot governor got over 64,000 signatures there yesterday and so many people I couldn't get near it. It was labeled a white nationalist event by the media but they fail to tell all the black guys carrying AR 15's. Once again do not believe the media.

Quote:A petition to recall our idiot governor got over 64,000 signatures there yesterday and so many people I couldn't get near it.

Another forum member quoted 120,000 estimated by the state police as "overheard at a VCDL EOC."

Sounds like a good start on the recall petition. Worthy project....good luck!

Quote:petition requirements

The petition for recall must be signed by at least 10% of the number of people who voted in the last election for the office being recalled.[2]

https://ballotpedia.org/Laws_governing_recall_in_Virginia

Thanks to all who participated and congratulations on keeping it peaceful. I'm sure the libs and press are really disappointed in that.
thumbup.gif

Regards,
hm

It gets worse. Now the Democrats have introduced a bill making it a crime to "harass" (no definition of what harassment is) the Governor, LT Gov., Atty Gen., and members of the General Assembly on Facebook and Twitter. And the "offender" will be prosecuted in Richmond. So much for the 1st Amendment, now that they are able to get rid of that pesky 2nd amendment all the rest will be easy.

Last edited:
Back