Fox Jack decoy?

Originally Posted By: ZbackHow do y’all feel about these motion decoys on the calls? Worth the money?

I have a Jack jr in the bag with my CS-24 in case I get a hung up coyote. Sometimes it breaks them free. Just don't get lazy on your stand set ups and rely on the decoy to do the work.

I have great success with my decoy. It’s on a hammer jack. I love using the decoy. I’m in Texas and really helps with predators to get them out of the thick cover.

the hawks and owls tear them up/love them day or night and they live by sight so that's good enough for me...….yesterday in fact NO BS I lost my first one to a hawk during the day out of the Shockwave...…..flew right in attacked it 15 yards from me and before I could get up he had it tore out of the socket and flew with it...……hahahahaha
tt2.gif
..10 dollar bill flys away and I looked but he went to far with it I guess...….my first daytime loss due to my lack of reaction time...…….next set it was dark and I had bought two last time due to losing them at night animals or not...….. so next set its dark now and an owl just trampled the decoy topper until I got up and got him away...…I also put rabbit pee on mine so throws the scent around in action..they may not always attract coyotes but when they do its over......Good Luck!
thumbup1.gif

Last edited:
I found that the ability to control the decoy was a deciding factor in my choice to go with the Jack jr. I have a Mojo critter and it is quiet, but you can't control it. I have seen more shy away from it than with the Jack jr. I have seen some suspicious coyotes get triggered when I hit the decoy. On others, I can tell that they are committed so I won't even trigger the decoy, I just let them do their thing.

I have a tail on my Revolution and I also own a stand alone king critter from Lucky Duck. I can control the tail on the Revolution via hand held, but the king critter is turn on and walk away. I use them both at different times (stands), and think they work great. I may not even turn the tail on during certain stands, just depends on the situation. I am a believer, and it sure works better than the feather my father carried to tie to a piece of sage 50 years ago....

I've used everything from a feather to my current Foxpro Jack Daddy. Have had a couple of coyotes come in and flare when they are almost on top of the decoy, but for the most part they step out of the brush a short distance from the decoy and pause long enough for a shot; X2 for bobcats. I usually start the decoy in motion as soon as I'm settled along with the soft bird audio which works well as a coaxer in conjunction with the call. On the rare occasion I can see a coyote coming beyond 200 yards or so, I may pause/restart the decoy for effect.

Originally Posted By: REID2168the hawks and owls tear them up/love them day or night and they live by sight so that's good enough for me...…

Yes, they do.......some days more than others.
smile.gif

Three different owls and a hawk attack decoy one morning.

Regards,
hm

Back