Riton optics

Interested in the Riton RT-S MOD 5 Gen2 6-24x50IR-FFP but
reviews at Optics Planet are very mixed about it. They are
either very good or very bad, not much in between.

I just read the reviews on Optics Planet and I didn't think they were that negative. Seems a lot more Pro's than Con's by far. Sometimes we hate to hear that customer service is great because when we spend hard earned money and have to send a product back for return or repair is has a way of souring things. But on a Pro, their CS is excellent so it seems. Maybe the people that had problems were just PO'ed when they wrote the reviews. It does happen. I'd like to hear reviews from actual owners not something off the internet. I'm still waiting on my friend to try his out. So far its just stayed in the house.

Yes, more pro's than con's. Same with reviews on Amazon. I'm
debating with myself whether to get it or another Athlon Argos
for $100 less. The glass on the Argos is a lot clearer than the
price would suggest.

The reason I am asking about them is the 4-20 model 7 is on sale for $215 on woot.com. There are 2 problems....I know nothing about the scope and woot.com seems a touch shady. It is an Amazon company but there are mixed reviews on it. Almost too cheap not to try

I finally got to see my friends Riton. I don't remember the model but it maxed out at 24 power and was FFP. On 12 power you could see bullets holes very easily at 200 yards. I did notice the power ring was really hard to turn. The glass was very clear though. Not much of a review but maybe it helps a little.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogI finally got to see my friends Riton. I don't remember the model but it maxed out at 24 power and was FFP. On 12 power you could see bullets holes very easily at 200 yards. I did notice the power ring was really hard to turn. The glass was very clear though. Not much of a review but maybe it helps a little.

Thanks for the info! That sale ended and I never pulled the trigger so I guess I missed out on that one. Oh well!

Originally Posted By: DannoBooneYes, more pro's than con's. Same with reviews on Amazon. I'm
debating with myself whether to get it or another Athlon Argos
for $100 less. The glass on the Argos is a lot clearer than the
price would suggest.

Danno I have been looking at the Argos from Doug over at Cameraland. What would you compare the glass quality to? I am considering getting rid of my 6.5-20 viper to snag one of the argos scopes since it is FFP.

Originally Posted By: shelton573Originally Posted By: pyscodogI finally got to see my friends Riton. I don't remember the model but it maxed out at 24 power and was FFP. On 12 power you could see bullets holes very easily at 200 yards. I did notice the power ring was really hard to turn. The glass was very clear though. Not much of a review but maybe it helps a little.

Thanks for the info! That sale ended and I never pulled the trigger so I guess I missed out on that one. Oh well!

Not sure which Riton you're considering, but WOOT has some on clearance:
4-16X50 for $175
5-25X56 illuminated for $350
1-4X24 illuminated for $110

I think most of there scopes use hd Japanese glass but I haven’t had a chance to look through any. I purchased a LPVO recently and almost took a chance on one of the 1-8 models they have but couldn’t find a single review so went with another more popular option.

Back