High pressure go too sounds

isu22yote

I hunt in area where there are multiple coyote callers right outside of town. It is a very populated area for coyotes but also callers. Whats everyones go to sound when you think theyve heard the rabbit dying sound 5 times this season ? See lots of crazy Tony Tebes sounds like skunk in distress and kitten in distress but wondering how good these actually work vs the ol tried and true rabbit.

I have called some of the hardest hit spots in the state.
I use handcalls with mostly vocals and find a different path than normal access.

When a coyote has heard one Foxpro/Luckyduck/Primos, etc. rabbit in distress call, and has survived that encounter, he will be awfully tough to call in again with the Foxpro/Luckyduck/Primos rabbit call again.

I use primarily handcalls,cottontail, jackrabbit and vocals, on heavily hunted public lands, and I do well.

With a handcall, we can put real emotion into the call, 'hurry up, I'm dying over here', type emotion, that isn't in many E-callers.

Originally Posted By: tripod3I have called some of the hardest hit spots in the state.
I use handcalls with mostly vocals and find a different path than normal access.

+1 for the hand calls. I couple that with soem crow calls from my FoxPro and it can work in heavily pressured areas.

What about using a shockwave and pairing a couple different sounds. Like a crow fight and pup distress, or domestic dogs and pup fight. Or heck even a fox and rabbit. That being said, I use my Reese hand calls frequently in pressured areas. It is very rare to hear 2 people use hand calls the same as each other. I don't use as many rabit calls either.

Back