Barrel length question..

So I finally got my can so now I am looking at threading 3 rifles to start with ..I am looking for advice on barrel length for 204 ,243,7 mag ...All will be used for hunting ..I dont want to chop off to much ,but also don't want to be lugging around a telephone pole chasing coyotes and what not...Thoughts? Thank you for your time..

I'd suggest trying 20" and see how you like it, I've found it to be a good balance. I couldn't bring myself to shorten the 7 but that's just me.

If you check out the Thunder Beast website they have a minimum barrel length chart for their suppressors based on caliber. Not sure how it translates to your brand of suppressor but it should help guide your decision. I have only had a 22 Hornet threaded so I went to 16” figuring it wouldn’t matter with such a short range cartridge. I’m very happy with the way it handles and sounds. Good luck, Dave

I have several barrels 21.5-22" have not once thought any were too long with suppressor. I am not hunting from a vehicle or in brush. I have one 18"-223 upper and a 22" 20p upper, can't say I even noticed a difference.

Back