Three Howl Night

DoubleUp

Came home from Church tonight pretty late since we had January Birthday Celebration after preaching service. My hunting buddy who has been sick, had sent me a text and said he thought I should try calling since his Husky was already out hunting tonight.

So, being lazy like, I didn't want to put on all that gear after 10 O'clock and go outside calling, so I thought I would just make two or three howls on the Primos Lil' Dog. I did three howls on the little green call and immediately see a coyote coming across the field.

Too late to go outside and setup so I just hope for the best. He comes right on across the field and gives me a 230 yd. shot straight behind my pond. Here is the coyote, another good sized male.

IMG_0563 by Double Up, on Flickr

Video:

That crippled deer has survived over a year that I've been seeing her, but she knows she is at a disadvantage to outrun coyotes. She is always the first deer to head for the woods when a coyote shows up. Glad I saw her coming just in time or she could have accidentally caught that bullet. That's one of the great things about thermal. Animals really stand out and catch your attention.

You have really had some action lately. At one point that deer was lined up with the coyote. Thermal, like you mentioned, is great for detection.

Back