25-06 coyote load

I use hornady 75 gr hp's and vmax and speer 100gr HP's with 4350 i believe. All shoot well and poi is about 1 moa of each other.

In my last Remington 700, I shot 56g of IMR 4350 with a 87g speer Spt, win brass with win primer, bullet seated .060 off the lands. This load shot very small groups, about 3/8". I necked sized after every firing, bumped shoulder back .002 with a Forster neck sizer. 3600 fps.

This is for illustrations purposes only of what worked in my rifle with my components, work up to this load in your rifle.

I am assuming that since you are using a 25-06 that you are not a fur hunter ( me niether). My Stevens 200 shoots a 117 gr Hornaday SST , WITH 53 grs of H4831 , and a Remington Magnum large rifle primer. Altough I don't get long shots most of the time I do put them down with authority!!!!!!! HaHa

As you have probably figured out by now I use my deer load on yotes when I carry my 06.
My gun will not shoot lighter bullets. Initially , this was frustrating but now i have just gotton to know the characteristics of my big game load better.

My main yote wacker is an old TC CONTENDER carbine in 22H.Quiet and deadly!!!!!

Last edited:
One more thought .... I could get along with one Centerfire Rifle if I had too.If i did either a 25-06 or a 7-08 would be my choice. Although I have numerous other choices these go with me the most.

Last edited:
my buddy uses his .25-06 on prairie dog towns and loads his Sendero up with 70gr Sierra Blitzkings to over 3800fps.

It destroys priaire dogs so It may be going fast enough to fragment enough to where it won't exit from the coyote. I don't know, but he shoots them with really good accuracy.

Andy

I shoot 115 grain Ballistic Tips for deer and coyotes. Always exits coyotes bun not explosive at all. Shot quit a few through the years, works well. Just don't hit them in the guts, then it can be a mess. I like simple,having just 1 load for this rifle.

In my 25-06 I use 59.5 grains of Mag-Pro pushing a Barnes 100 TTSX I’ve taken mule deer , wild hogs and countless coyotes with this load very accurate.

not a 25-06 but my 25-204 shoots 85gr NBT's well at 3000 fps, if I ever draw a antelope tag here it would be my goto bullet for them. For coyotes I like the 75gr V-max(3150fps) but it is just brutal on fur and I only use it on the off season.

Back