Monarch 3. 4x-16x

wileC

I have a pro staff 5, 3.5x-14x that starts getting fuzzy on the edges at around 10x. Does anyone have the monarch 3 4x-16x? I know it’s an upgrade from the pro staff but I can’t find one to check out before ordering it.

I do happen to have two of those scopes that were purchased when a dealer was closing their Nikon line out. Mine is the BDC reticle. Nice glass, at 16 power eye box Is a little tight but usable. Crosshairs are a little too thick. Nice clicks on turrets.
I like 30mm tubes better now with exposed dial turrets. Sightron SIII are a better scope for me with the moa-2 reticle.

Last edited:
Monarch 3 is a definite upgrade in glass from the Prostaff series of scopes but if you haven't heard Nikon is out of the rifle scope business and won't be honoring warrantees on their scopes.

UNLESS you can get a Monarch 3 for a steal you may want to consider another brand.

Yeah ghostman I heard that. I have a few nikons and have never had an issue so I think that’s a chance I’d take. Natchez has a refurb for $313 minus another 10% for a couple of more days not sure if thats a steal. Any opinions on what brand would be comparable in price with about the same power?

I purchased a first gen Monarch,4-16. But never purchased another because of the large change(shorten) in eye relief as you increase the power. I had it on a 22-250 with an adjustable length of pull stock. It held zero for 6-7 years, this year I used it on a new upper build and I was having load work up issues. Changed to a different scope and gun started grouping very well.

Loved Nikons but now I would would say Stay away from them Nikon as they are stepping away from scope manufacturing. SO don't know what is going to happen with Lifetime Warranties?

I have a Nikon Monarch 4-16x50 with the BDC reticle and side focus. Also has a sunshade and rings with it. Might consider selling it if you were interested. Just let me know

Originally Posted By: Ghostman...but if you haven't heard Nikon is out of the rifle scope business and won't be honoring warrantees on their scopes.

Nikon has officially said that they are still going to keep warranting their scopes, however, since they aren't producing them anymore, it's just a matter of time until they don't have the parts any more to do warranties. So really its just a matter of time, rather than being SOL right now.

Originally Posted By: fishballer06Originally Posted By: Ghostman...but if you haven't heard Nikon is out of the rifle scope business and won't be honoring warrantees on their scopes.

Nikon has officially said that they are still going to keep warranting their scopes, however, since they aren't producing them anymore, it's just a matter of time until they don't have the parts any more to do warranties. So really its just a matter of time, rather than being SOL right now.

I talked to customer service at Natchez on Saturday about the Nikons and warranty and he said the same thing. That being said, will you still buy Nikon? I have always liked the glass they use and for me, its usually the clearest glass of most scopes I've looked through. Natchez has some really decent prices on Nikon scopes right now.

The prices on Nikons at Natchez are very tempting. I have 2 Monarchs a 5x20 and a 4x16 nice glass for the money and no problems over the last 10 years.

Back