One piece base for Savage model 11 243 trophy predator hunter?

I use Murphy steel bases. They are higher than some and that
allows for lower rings.

Whatever you choose, it's a very good idea to bed the base.
The top of Savage receivers are rarely if ever true. That
results in a one piece base to be bowed one way or the other
when the screws are tightened. Properly bedding will result in
a straight/true base.

I'm having the same issue on 2 guns one savage 110 that takes a flat backed and rounded front and I have a compass that I can look down and see the bases aren't level w each other..... what exactly is "bedding" the base? The gun smiths must love me around here! Shot trad bows my entire life, fell in equal love with predator hunting and haven't shot a big game animal w a rifle in over 23 years but the dogs and cats are darn fun to call and hunt! The hunting I got down...shooting is pretty good but if I'm not a 100% on my set up I cant hunt. 99.9 doesnt work.....

Originally Posted By: PanyoteDoes anyone happen to know of a good one piece base for a Savage model 11 Trophy Predator Hunter?

This

Savage 10/11/12/16 - Short Action - Accutrigger Scope Mount

Quote:Are you tired of cheap scope rails getting beaten up by recoil, or letting your scope rings slip?

If so, our premium stainless steel or titanium scope bases offer slopes up to 30 MOA, and do so with unmatched quality. Your Savage is probably a tack driver -- do you really want to go with "good enough" for your scope base?

Our bases are proudly made here in America on our state of the art CNC equipment. You have a choice between 17-4 Stainless Steel, or the ultimate: Grade 5 Titanium. That's right, the same material used in the SR71 Blackbird. Your rifle probably doesn't do Mach 3, or travel at 80,000 ft, but if it did, our bases can take it.

We hold the bases strictly to tighter tolerances than allowed under the Picatinny standard (MIL-STD-1913), ensuring complete compatibility with all Picatinny style, as well as Weaver style scope rings.

They are availible in a natural, satin silver finish (bead blasted), or with an incredibly tough black finish called GunKote.

Application:
All Savage short action rifles equipped with the "Accu-trigger".
Models 10, 11, 12, 14, and 16 (2003 - present).
Specs:
Weight:Stainless: 5.5 oz, Titanium: 2.98oz
Length: 5.990"
Front Height: .410"
Rear Height: .410"

Hole Spacing (From Rear):
1st to 2nd: 0.860"
1st to 3rd: 4.800"
1st to 4th: 5.660"

** Each base ships with 6-48 alloy steel Torx screws, and a T15 Torx wrench. (8-40 screws available upon request).

Back