Dialing in my cold weather gear

Originally Posted By: Rock KnockerOriginally Posted By: huntschool

!!!!!!!---In my experience there is less difference in boot insulation than what sort of added insulation that you can get into the boot.

For example my 16 year old pair of unbelievably durable 400g thinsulate Irish setters that are worn in and can fit larger wool socks than my new 1000g thinsulate irish setters and the lighter boots are just as warm but considerably smaller.

Moving up a size of boot also gives some wiggle room to flex and move your toes around when sitting and that little wiggle in the boot causes friction when walking which does a lot.---!!!!!!!!

I sure fudged up the quoting function and I cant fix it on my terrible little touchscreen gizmo... I surrounded my addition with!!!!!!!!!!

Basically in my opinion it doesnt matter how insulated you boots are, if they're too tight to get the socks you need into them or tied too tight you're going to get cold feet.

I got that... Boots are good to go as is with some electric sox cept the power does not las long enough with the ones I have.

I wear Bean boots most of the time.

Boots wise, I wear Danner 200g Pronghorns with a thin merino wool liner sock and a thick outter wool sock.

Last edited:
Back