Pts233 standby

Standby is a feature allowing the Flir PTS to stay on but it turns off the screen. This conserves battery life. When you move the switch back to On, there is no start-up time as it is instant. It is similar to"display off" on a Pulsar. I don't use this feature as I use a battery pack and it will last more than a whole night, but I have heard of many who do.

What settings did you run the pts233 on, theirs a lot of enhancements that can be played with and I would like to cut the learning curve. Right now we’re @25 degrees and 85 percent humidity. Thanks for any help

My hunting partner actually owned the PTS233, so I was able to see it in action a lot and I helped him get his setup. I believe there were a few different configurations and I cycled through them and found one that worked well for him but I can't remember which one it was.

He sold his PTS233, so I can't say for sure. For the PTS536, here are the settings I typically run:

Contrast 112
Sharpness 86
Smartscene 18
Gain 141
AGC Speed 55

Just can’t get a good picture, something wrong with it. Too bad, you spend a lot of money and get crap. Buddy bought it to get out with me and has had nothing but trouble with it.

Back