cheap bhw 25x45 accuracy

varminter .223

I've got an 18" 9 twist 25x45 from the true sporting arms blow out sale. I've never really been able to get to shoot anything with any consistent accuracy. I've only tried the lighter pills though. Anyone have one of these that is a shooter? If so what is your load?

Last edited:
I have no experience with that caliber but I've found that if a certain bullet isn't shooting from a BHW barrel then move to a faster burning powder and try to get pressures up, I would use magnum primers also.

Whatever bullet and powder combo you're using, try the same bullets with a faster powder or use the same powder with a heavier bullet.

We've tried a lot of powders and a lot of bullets but nothing on the heavy end for a 25 caliber.
70 blitzking and a stiff load a 2200 seems to be the best. I'm using 450 primers now and probably tried Remington 7.5s. I can get four pretty much touching and then it'll throw one and then the next group may be spread out and then it may come back to shooting four real well then throwing one.

As a matter of fact that's what my black hole 6x6.8 is doing.

Last edited:
Yes it's my third one from them and obviously they're not going to do much about it now LOL. The 6x6.8 will shoot 70 blitzking around an inch with ar comp. I'd sell it if somebody wanted it then again I feel like I would be screwing them LOL.

Last edited:
If you want to give it one more try take a look at these 117 grain Interlocks. I talked to a guy recently who likes them out of his 25/45. They are at the heavy end of the line. Just a thought.
https://www.hornady.com/bullets/rifle/25-cal-257-117-gr-interlock-rn#!/

There just isn't a lot of room in a 25-45 for 117's, your pretty much lobbing them out there about on par with a 25-35 Win.

I shoot a 25-204 1-10 twist and I don't have enough room for 117's. 85gr NBT's are great at around 3000 fps, 21" barrel. 75gr V-max at 3150 fps and 100 gr Partitions at 2800 and change.

Usually if a rifle doesn't like a bullet you aren't going to get 4 good shots and a flyer then a poor group and back to good group and a flyer. Have you checked to see if the gas block is hitting the handguard.

Shoot 3 shot groups and everything will be just fine, the barrel might be heating enough to throw that last one.

The only shot that really counts is the first one from a cold barrel.

If a barrel wont put 5 shots as fast as I can shoot them accurately under 1" at 100 yards consistently there is no room for it in my collection. Any rifle other than a pencil with a stable load should do that imo. 3 shot groups are an easy way to have an internet pic group. When five will go there the next 5 should too.
No handguard contact.
If any wants the 25x45 barrel 100 bucks will get it to you door.

Last edited:
Back