Christensen Arms

Predator Masters using UBB.threads Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3228165 - 01/14/20 09:09 AM Re: New bolt action with 20 threaded barrel [Re: Tgunz64]
CGR Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
The Tikka compact has a 20" barrel. The suggestion to have the barrel cut and crowned to any length you want is a good suggestion. Pick any gun you like and cut the barrel.

#3228756 - 01/17/20 02:44 PM Re: New bolt action with 20 threaded barrel [Re: CGR]
Tgunz64 Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: MN
Originally Posted By: CGR
The Tikka compact has a 20" barrel. The suggestion to have the barrel cut and crowned to any length you want is a good suggestion. Pick any gun you like and cut the barrel.

Ya but then Id have to ship the gun out pay for cutting/crowning, threading and all that. Id rather just buy one already done.

#3228871 - 01/18/20 09:38 AM Re: New bolt action with 20 threaded barrel [Re: Tgunz64]
CGR Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Originally Posted By: Tgunz64

Ya but then Id have to ship the gun out pay for cutting/crowning, threading and all that. Id rather just buy one already done.

Isn't there anyone local to you that does it? I think my local guy is around $100. It all depends on budget and what guns you like. If there is one you like that is already threaded, great, but if not, pick anything you do like and have it done. It seems that more manufacturers are starting to offer threaded barrels. Kimber has some Montana's with threaded barrels, watch Gunbroker, lots of good deals pop up.

#3231023 - 01/31/20 01:10 PM Re: New bolt action with 20 threaded barrel [Re: CGR]
Tgunz64 Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: MN
Originally Posted By: Tgunz64

Isn't there anyone local to you that does it? I think my local guy is around $100. It all depends on budget and what guns you like. If there is one you like that is already threaded, great, but if not, pick anything you do like and have it done. It seems that more manufacturers are starting to offer threaded barrels. Kimber has some Montana's with threaded barrels, watch Gunbroker, lots of good deals pop up.

There is a gunsmith not too far away but Ive heard about 50/50 on his work. Another one the same. I just had my 22-250 threaded and shipped it to a place 4 hours away that came highly recommended. $126 for the work. I know you can cut and thread but would like to just save the headache and get one already done.

#3231044 - 01/31/20 04:57 PM Re: New bolt action with 20 threaded barrel [Re: Tgunz64]
arky65 Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: AR
Remington 700 SPS .223, .243, .308. Mine is a .223, Sub MOA out to 200 yards, about 5bills at Buds.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Infidel 762 

Predator Masters, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.