Hogster-R 35mm & 25mm Comparison Video

Newby question. How would the comparison turn out if it were 90 degrees outside instead of -12 degrees. As it stands there's almost an 100 degree difference in the body temperature of a deer and the temperature of the landscape. All of my hunting would be closer to 90 degrees and 90% humidity.

Originally Posted By: South Edisto ManNewby question. How would the comparison turn out if it were 90 degrees outside instead of -12 degrees. As it stands there's almost an 100 degree difference in the body temperature of a deer and the temperature of the landscape. All of my hunting would be closer to 90 degrees and 90% humidity. Humidity is the great equalizer of all thermals. It can turn really great thermals into average thermals, and can make some thermals virtually useless. 90% is fairly high, but every thermal I own can see an animal in 90% humidity. If it couldn't, I wouldn't own it.

You will still be able to pick out features of a deer with a decent thermal in the summer and with 90% humidity. Here was a warm September day and you can see this coyote just fine. I am using my PTS536.

Any chance someone who has one of the hogster's could post up some pictures of the different reticle options? Specs show 4 reticle patterns with 4 colors, but their website does not show what they look like.

Originally Posted By: VanceAny chance someone who has one of the hogster's could post up some pictures of the different reticle options? Specs show 4 reticle patterns with 4 colors, but their website does not show what they look like. Vance, here you go. 4 reticles and 4 colors. Keep in mind the crosshairs on the reticles don't always show up on the videos due to video conversions.

I've had a few people ask me how I mount the Hogster to a selfie stick. Here are a few images of how I did it. I took a Picatinny Riser, and simply tapped a 1/4 20 thread hole in the riser. 2 seconds on and 2 seconds off. Not elegant but works.

selfie1.jpg
selfie2.jpg

selfie3.jpg

I had a clip on version (c) to test before the (r) version. I didn’t have a DVR at the time, plus the view is gong to vary a lot depending on scope it goes on. I don’t have plans to test the clip on any further.

Link

Back