Question on AR15 7.62x39 that uses a AK47 magazine

NDAR15MAN

Guys I know most hunters here use 223 cal AR15 guns for hunting but I would like see if some one here has a 7.62 x 39 cal AR15 that is made to use AK47 magazines ?
There is a few AR companies that make this kind of AR gun. A guy had a 7.62x 39 AR at range a few weeks ago that used AK47 magazines. I think it was a Palmetto arms Mfg gun. The guy shooting it said only way to go with this cal. Said magazines work great , you can use the drum magazine that a AK47 uses , way more accurate in this type of AR.
I could not believe it but he was shooting 1 inch groups with Russian Tulo ammo ! I measured groups with my own ruler. I was stunned. He said they cost a little more but every AR is a lot cheaper than they were 5 years ago. Any one have this type of gun that that can share their thoughts and what kind of 100 yard groups they are getting with Russian ammo ? Maybe it was a fluke with this guys gun. I am thinking would be a heck of a gun if shoots Russian Ammo this good. What is the down size if any besides cost over the standard AR15 platform ? Marty

Last edited:
Yes Rock river plant not to far from me dealer get a little better price here because they drive to plant and buy and pick up 6 or so had a time. They don’t have to pay for shipping. They are the best but I hate to pay 1400.00 for one but you get what you pay for that is for sure. MD

Last edited:
Yep looking at them Right now. Hard choice for me. The AR15 in the 7.65 x 39 or the KS-47 model ? I want to shoot the cheap Russian ammo and I would be happy with 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 groups at 100 yards with scope. I know that is asking a lot. More then 1 1/2 inch groups I would be disappointed. . What do you folks get for 100 yard groups with cheap Russian ammo in 7.62 x 39 guns ? Thanks. Marty

Last edited:
I have both an ar pistol in x39 as well as an ak47 sbr. Both are running 0 magnification red dots so groups are relative, but minute of human and possibly coyote out to 100 yrds.

Back