Leica magnus or S&B polar96

seasley

For the ones of you who have had the opportunity to look thru these scopes, which one would be the better of the two, and where is the best price?

I don't have a Polar or looked through one. I do have a Magnus and it is outstanding glass, although I'm not a big fan of the illumination knob. The reticle would be a bit thin for low light without illumination. Their new Fortis scope moves the switch back to the traditional position on the left side of the scope.

Comparing the Magnus to my Premier, I would say the Leica is better in low light with more contrast, and the illumination goes way down low; and wins FOV at the same power. Color and depth of feild is very good in both.

Not a direct comparison, but in general if I could keep only one high end scope itd be the Magnus or buy a Fortis.

Where is the best place to purchase?

The night force nx8 has my attention also, but I’m not a know turner

I just want the best glass I can get for low light

Last edited:
Eurooptic is the only place Im aware of for S and B, they made them their sole US distributor. Other vendors have to buy through them. What I have heard anyways. For Leica call Doug at Cameraland.

That's correct EuroOptics is not the US distributor for S&B which is why the majority of the authorized S&B dealers, like us, have opted to no longer carry S&B products

Doug

Looking for 2-10 power scope, from what you sale, what brand do you recommend? Ziess HT, nightforce nx8 or Leica magnus?

Originally Posted By: seasleyDoug

Looking for 2-10 power scope, from what you sale, what brand do you recommend? Ziess HT, nightforce nx8 or Leica magnus?

How about a Steiner GS3 2-10x42 4A?

Originally Posted By: mbaysinger89Doug, do you know if the Fortis is going to be available after SHOT? Closeouts on Magnus?

Not sure till next week on Fortis

We do have these Leica demos on the way in:

51055 2-10x50 Ballistic

51060 4-20x50 Plex

51065 ER5 4-20x50 Mag ballistic

Back