wicked lights LED question.

timberwolf204

I am having issues with my wicked light batteries are full and fairly new. Do the LED bulbs get weak. I am using red at night and they work good but don't seem to be as bright as they used to be. I was going to try green and see if they are a bit brighter. I keep the light wider when scanning but my light does not seem to have the brightness it once did. I changed the batteries out last year and that wasn't the problem. I was thinking of ordering some new LED's for it but did not want to drop 60 dollars if that's not the problem.

Anyone else have this issue. Im using two battery set up with no dimmer. I dont have the dimmer model. thank you in advance.

Jason

LEDs are built to last, highly doubt a hunting light application could put a strain on an LED. I've used same lights for years never had an issue. what batteries are you using?

Most likely the batteries you are using have been abused (drained too far, left uncharged, stored fully charged, or poor quality to begin with). Could be an issue with the light itself. Probably not the led.

A lot of folks don't realize Li-ion batteries require special care for best performance.

thank you dirty dog, and Pmack these are wicked lights replacement batteries. They just were not that great right out of the box. I have not been pleased with their performance since new. They are couple years old. What are some tips on best battery performance. Thank you i think i will limp these ones for the rest of this season and buy some new ones next season.

Thank you for the help.

Good name brand batteries, Sony, Sanyo Panasonic, don't fall prey to inflated mAh claims anything over 3500mAh doesn't exist. These are a staple in the Vaping industry so theirs a ton of information out there.

https://reactual.com/outdoor-equipment-2/best-18650-batteries.html

I stole this off another site..........

The Best Advice Money Can Buy Best advice

Be leery of the claims. But there’s also another wrinkle. Not ALL of these bad batteries have inflated capacity claims! Many are labeled within the current range of the technology. You’ll see those that say 3000mAh as well. Now if that were a “reputable” brand it would be correct. But these AREN’T reputable. So even those that say 3000, might be 1000mAh or less.

So in the end, it’s all about price. In the case of an 18650, if the price for ONE battery is at least $15… you’re on the right track. Sometimes, a trustworthy lower capacity (2200mAh) 18650 can be bought for around $9. THAT is a safe buy.

When all is said and done, buying TWO reputable 18650 batteries of at least 3400mAh each and a safe, name-brand 2-slot charger, will cost you around $50. Meanwhile, if $15 can get you two batteries (whether they be 18650 or 14500) AND a generic 2-slot charger…RUN the other way!

Last edited:
thank you on the different battery types maybe ill try some sony or sanyo or panasonic. I have good luck with anything sony.

thank you Jason.

I appreciate all the help.

Last year I did a bunch of research and bought these Panasonic Sanyo 18650 3500ah batteries and they work great. 2 for $15. Panasonic Sanyo NCR18650GA High Drain Li-ion 3.7V 3500mAh 10A Rechargeable Flat Top Battery. (Button tops are similarly priced). A year later they are my best batteries. Sorry the link is dead. Just buy Panasonic or Sanyos with good ratings.

I have 8 of the green Elusive Wildlife Technologies 2600ah batteries that all still work after 8 or 9 years. I keep them for spares, just wanted longer run times and figured they must be ready to die at some point.

Worst batteries are my 2 black Fenix brand 2600ah, they die a lot faster than the others.

I am meticulous about never discharging them lower than 25% and never storing them long term above 75%. Mine keep working. I've seen friends with the same EWT batteries and his sucked after a year or two. You gotta treat them right.

Last edited:

I have been using ORBTRONIC batteries for almost two years.
I was warned that eBay and Amazone sell counterfeit batteries.
So I buy directly from the Orbtromic company.
This fall I bought RAGE broadheads from Amazone only to find out from the FeraDyne Outdoors they too were counterfeit. Amazon gave me my money back the same day.
For AA I buy KENTLI Batteries and their charger. They give me 6 hours in my ATN Sight II NV scope. For IR lights I use ATN IR lights and 2 battery EVOLVA 50 IR light. The cost was $65. Not all stuff on Amazon is junk. I even have 2 T67 with a plugin for a power supply. It will last all night with my 50K ohm power supply. Amazon sells an adjustable clamp for $22 for inch IR lights. My 2 cents. This works for me I try to save money when I can.

i have seen the orbtronic and was wondering about them, I am in Pennsylvania and we have to use a light that casts a beam. no IR lights or NV scopes here. So for now were stuck with red LED or green. My batteries for my light are horrible i will be replacing them soon. thanks for the help.

Jason

Conventional LED lamps use LEDs with crystals that emit blue light. The crystal is coated with a two-component phosphor that converts the blue light to white (one component adds the red part of the spectrum, the second adds the green part, and the blue light seeps through the phosphor). Seoul Semiconductor's Sunlike LEDs use crystals that emit purple light and a three-component phosphor that creates the spectrum's red, green, and blue portions. This whole set of colors is referred to as a series of evil colors. After using them for some time, we decided to change them for something new with a combination of warm colors. So that option for us was strip lights, perfectly suited to our interior.

Last edited:
Back