Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#3226702 - 01/05/20 08:57 PM Re: What price would it take for you to put up the fur? [Re: Tbone-AZ]
Grotzen Offline

Loc: Indiana
My retired fur buyer puts up my coyotes and we split the returns. Marginal coarse furred coyotes for the most part.

#3226871 - 01/06/20 07:56 PM Re: What price would it take for you to put up the fur? [Re: Grotzen]
huntschool Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Southernmost IL
Though I dont shoot a bunch down here in the bottom of Illinois I do get my share. When I was a kid growing up in New Jersey in the 50's-60's I put up fur from Red and grey fox and muskrats. It was good pocket money back then.

Our "winter" coyotes here never, never get any where near good enough for a buyer to even look at them and at 72 yo I am not skinning and prepping for just a few bucks. AS an example, it was about 50* here today and will likely stay that way for a while. No cold, no value in fur. Least not enough for me to even consider working a pelt.

Most of our shooting is done to reduce the predation on calves, fawns and other wildlife species. If we could eliminate the coyote scourge all together there would be a lot of happy farmers and hunters here. Course that will not happen.

Just some comments....

Bruce A. Hering
Program Coordinator/Instructor (retired)
Game Preserve/Shooting Complex Mgt
Southeastern Illinois College
NSCA Level III Instructor

#3228032 - 01/13/20 04:25 PM Re: What price would it take for you to put up the fur? [Re: Tbone-AZ]
K-22hornet. Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Colorado
" One reason is the poor economies of China and Russia, who are the primary market for much of the furs."

I find the Chinese market to be pretty good. I take my coyotes to a local Chinese restaraunt and the owner pays me for them.

I do NOT know what he does with the carcass after he skins them, though. I've asked him and his answers were evasive.

#3228086 - 01/13/20 08:46 PM Re: What price would it take for you to put up the fur? [Re: Tbone-AZ]
SlickerThanSnot Online
PM senior

Loc: stuck in a fence
thumbup

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  AWS 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.