Buddy and I got 4

lockrotor

Went out last night with a buddy of mine. We went back to the spot I was at last night when I had no taker. It has coyote sigh all over the place. We went to the far south side of the properties and and started calling. Had 2 different groups howlin at us to the east. Wind was from the NW. Nothing came in from 2 groups from the east, but one did come in from the south. We saw it at 250 yds, and it didn't want to come any closer. Change sound up and down and it just didn't seem to care. First one down.

49373632113_87e54c666f_c.jpg

Went north and west 1 mile and set up facing the west overlooking a field with drainage ditch, but nothing came in. Did watch 2 vehicle drive by twice going slow. We think there must be some road hunting going on? So we went north another mile and to the east, walked in to the edge of a standing corn field with bean ground and woods and swamp to the east, a 350 yd wide clean field. Started calling and got 2 to howl back from the east of us, great I'm thinking. But nothing was coming in so I'm changing sounds and getting them to howl back and closer. I told him, they don't like something and there not coming in. I have pup distress playing and a big Great Horn owl flies in just above my Mojo and sit about 30 yds to the east of it. Buddy said, hope it doesn't take your Mojo again, HaHa. Lost one couple years ago to an owl. The owl sits there for above 3 minutes and it heads turn to the east and takes off. Look to the east and here comes in 2 coyotes fast. My buddy says he got the one on the left. They stop 80 yds to the SE of us. On 3 the guns go off and 2 are down. We think the coyotes were sitting on the edge watching and when the Great Horn owl landed it got them excited. This stand was 38 min long.

49374302347_baa23821d1_c.jpg

We headed back to my buddy area for a piece of land he just got permission to hunt. Set up on the SW of his old barn and started calling. The wind is blowing toward this swampy area that we think they will be coming from and its down wind of us. 1 minute in and I'm watching to the east, I see one coming in fast from the S and I loose it in the corn stubble, find it and rush my shot and it takes off. ***** 1 minute later here comes in 2 more from the same direction and running hard. WE are barking trying to get them to stop. The first one runs up to the call at 35 yds from us. Makes a loop and stop at 75 yds out. Buddy shots and his goes down And I'm trying to get the other to stop but no luck. **** We think one of them was the same one I just missed. It was very fast and fun and frustrated. But this is hunting, and corn stocks suck at night to see them in.

49374296657_9d0a775672_c.jpg

We should of had a double on this property, they didn't coming from the location we were thinking. But it was fun and a great night hunting with my buddy. Again thanks for looking and reading

Wow! what an exciting evening of calling coyotes! Well done! They all look to be well furred decent coyotes too! Thank you for taking the time to take us along on the hunt.

Back