TBAC Ultra 9 or Ultra 7?

Tgunz64

So I need to save up a few more pennies but hoping to order my first can no later than April. Got my mind set on TBAC. What do you guys think between the 2? Most of the time it will be used on my 22-250 with a 22” barrel. Next my AR. I don’t think the extra 2” will be a big deal. But I know as far as db levels they are close. It’s mainly a hunting can. Thanks!

You have made the right decision on brand. For Hunting you should go with the 7. Bench shooting the 9 as your not carrying it around. That is what I do. You will enjoy them. Get it as soon as you can so your stamp arrives before next season. Happy hunting.

It's only going to be about 2-3 db difference between the two.

Length wise you're looking at 9" vs 7", and 11.9oz vs 9.7oz. Basically you just need to decide what is more of a priority to you. Both are awesome, so can't go wrong.

I have an Ultra 9 in jail also and I made that selection to get the extra db of sound reduction. I have 7" suppressors and a Varminter 4.0 that is 9 inches and I frankly prefer the longer and quieter suppressor. I prefer silence over short as I have not had any issues with the longer suppressor when hunting. The 2 oz extra weight of the Ultra 9 is not an issue if it gets you a quieter can. I think 2-3 db is worth the difference. Your ears will benefit over time for sure.

I have both and both do great noise reduction except obviously the noise they don’t remove is the supersonic crack. I put the 9” on an SBR since it is really loud and short enough not to be a length problem. For deer hunting either is good, but shorter is better to avoid box walls or limbs. For prairie dogs where you shoot a lot I use foam heating protection anyway since there is still a lot of noise being supersonic. Plus most others don’t have suppressors!

I think tbac is releasing a new line at SHOT

Either can. Both of them will leave you wanting the other one

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HumpnessI think tbac is releasing a new line at SHOT

Either can. Both of them will leave you wanting the other one

Oh. Well then maybe I’ll get the new version if they come out with it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 1badsheeAnother line separate than the ultras is what I'm sure I read on the little bit of info that is out.

Oh ok. Well I guess we’ll find out in about 9 days.

I think I’m going with the 9”. Watched that video again on YouTube shooting the 22-250 through the different tbac ultras. The 223 7” and the 30 cal 9” had the same reductions. So I can get the max suppression for my 22 cal guns plus the versatility to go up to 30 cal.

Originally Posted By: Tgunz64I think I’m going with the 9”. Watched that video again on YouTube shooting the 22-250 through the different tbac ultras. The 223 7” and the 30 cal 9” had the same reductions. So I can get the max suppression for my 22 cal guns plus the versatility to go up to 30 cal.

I think that is a wise choice. I've yet to hear from someone that said they weren't more than satisfied with the Ultra 9.

Hmmmm, wonder how quiet a 223 Ultra 9 would be, if they made one.
thumbup.gif

Capitol armory could probably find you one quickly they have been great to deal with, thunder beast may even be able to point you to one available, they have tons of dealers in texas.

Originally Posted By: YellowhammerI was considering the 30 cal ultra 7 as well but they seem almost impossible to find right now. Where did you find yours?

Silencershop has the 6.5 7” and 223 7” in stock. But the other day I found 30 cal cans in 7 and 9” in stock here.
https://modernwarriors.com/?s=Thunder+beast

Wish I saw this place earlier on. I ended up stumbling across it when looking up a review for a Dead Air Mask can.

Last edited:
Back