3 more down

lockrotor

Went out last night with the moon up high with clouds. These night have in the past been some of the best night hunting for me. Wind was strong from the west which I really don't like but I can't change it.

On the first set sat on the east side of the field with the wind blowing, I'm calling a I see a coyote come out to my left. Being LH that sucks. I finally get in the scope after repositioning myself, but this new sitting spot didn't let me see the dip in the field and it never appeared again. Lesson learned, not to sit in that spot along fence line unless I move to the north 150 yds.

Sit up on another spot and was calling and about 12 minutes in hear come a red, straight into the call and and nice 50 yds shoot. 1st one down.

Went to another location and was sitting nest to a combine corn field and to my right pops out an coyote at 200 yds and doesn't look like it wants to stay or come any closer, rifle goes off and it down. 2nd one down

Was driving to this one spot to call and out in the field was a coyote, sweet. Its heading south so I go down the road to the tee and turn around and head back. Park the truck and to the driveway to set up to call and see if I can get it too come out. Get all set up and looking at my caller to find a vole squeak sound. Look up and hear is the coyote trotting back to the north across the field. Has no idea I'm there. Make a bark sound and it stops, rifle goes off and its down. 3rd one down.

Go to another spot which I haven't called yet this year. I'm leaning on some big round bale next the his field road. Start calling and 5 minutes I see 2 coming in fast. Great. They get about 300+ yds out and they slow down. There is a dip in the field as they leave my line of sight I move gun for when the pop up at 200+ yds. They never do, I see them going away straight east of me. What I'm thinking, what did they see or smell. I don't think it was smell because of the big round bales, but I look at my caller and it is flashing a green light, battery are low. It's the only thing I can think of. The coyotes stayed out there at 450+ yds for about 10 minutes, they wouldn't come in.

Sorry for the bad photos, but at night I never been very good at getting nice picture and with my new phone, couldn't get the flash to work. Again thanks for looking and reading.

49362113696_2202878c6c_c.jpg

Nice pile of fur, that's a good night! Been awhile since I have visited the forum, always great to read accounts from others hunts! Was out last night too will try post! Great job!

Congrats lockrotor on a successful night of predator hunting!
thumbup1.gif
Something I have never experienced due to our laws but I sure can see the attraction.

Thanks for sharing. I am also in WI and got my first coyote on the 10th after many years of hunting. I enjoy reading your posts to keep the faith alive.

Back