Kansas ONX Map?

k9jones

I have used the ONX map in Montana, and it was excellent for showing public hunting land. I am now planning on a trip to Kansas to hunt upland birds. Does anyone use the Kansas ONX map? Is there a lot of public land to hunt, other than the walk in hunting areas?

Thanks in advance!

K9

As somebody who grew up in Kansas, I can tell you it won’t be like Montana. Not once did I ever hunt public land in Kansas. Private land dominates the landscape. That being said, I’ve heard good things about the public land there is, especially around Pratt. There’s supposed to be a quail management area in the Flint Hills that is also pretty good.

Beyond that, knock on doors and ask permission. Anywhere you’ve got CRP next to milo is a good bet.

Originally Posted By: lyotehunterget a kirsch map they are the best. Very kind words. However, my business, Kirsch's Outdoor Products, discontinued selling the TRAX maps at the end 0f 2019. The GPS market just continues to decline and it just wasn't paying the bills. My website contains options for anyone wanting to update their TRAX maps or move to onXmaps before I totally close down on 12/31/2020.

Back