mid-morning #7

lockrotor

Went out this morning at sunrise and saw nothing but got rained on. Got a txt on my phone, a picture from one of the land owners I hunt on. He said you missed some last time you were out here. This is the same piece that I got the triple on.

49334687066_88e6a14ccf_c.jpg

Sent a txt back telling him I'm on my way. Called up a buddy and told him to might me there. As I drove in there was another one 450 yds out to my north as I parked the truck by the shed. We go to the east of the shed 450 yds and set up in the edge of the picture he sent me from his spotting scope. We are sitting east and west of each other, he looking south and I'm looking north. Started calling soft hoping the pair would come in. Haven't been out of sight by more then an 45 mins, and its swamp and woods north and south. Keep calling and changing sound and volume trying to get them to come in. Out from the edge of the swamp soybean field a white face pops out. Get rifle on it and it's gone, change sound to pup distress and minute later it pops out again but in a better location. Reposition rifle and send one it way. Sound good but couldn't see anything laying on ground. Get done with the calling and walk over there, a big male is down. It is the best looking one this year and it weight 36#.

49334896657_48bfc6d817_c.jpg

Again thank you for looking and reading.

Back