Gotta sale a dtech

seasley

I have a 25 dti and a 6 dti, of the two, which would you keep?

All I do is coyote hunt, so no big game

Both are Dtech quality and shoot as advertised

That's the ideal coyote rig imo and so many bullet options. With the 25s you are limited with 70s and up but the bigger bore might run harder with a shorter barrel.

Last edited:
I need a single do all gun, I’m short legged, don’t deer hunt, but if I decide to start back up, I want one gun to do it all

Like I said, all I do is coyote hunt and that’s mainly in winter in Oklahoma

All my shots are 100yrds in

Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself the short-barreled gun is the one for you, but don't worry if you sell the wrong one Mike would probably sell you another one lol.

Last edited:
I’ve been told by several members the 6DTI is not hot weather friendly

But the 6DTI has a whole lot more selection in bullets, and that us a huge plus for me

I would say if you stay away from h322 and h335 and stick with something like 8208 for light bullets and ar comp for a bit heavier bullets you would be okay as far as weather differences. I don't know why it would be any different than any other cartridges as far as temperature sensitivity.
I'm sure there are other powders that will shoot but it seems like h322, h335 and 8208 are the go to powders on this forum.

If the 6 is a 12 twist it probably wouldn't double for a deer gun as well as the 25 though. I'm guessing it's a 10 since you sold your 12.
The 6mms were made for killing coyotes imo. Big enough to be big and fast enough to be fast.

Last edited:
No, it’s a 12 twist

Got 58 vmax loaded h322 30 grain suppressed

Haven’t shot these yet, but waiting to go to range to see what it does

I’m stocked up on h322, so gotta use what I have

Last edited:
Well that should shoot pretty flat to cover your 100 yard shots
w00t.gif

Last edited:
I'd keep the 6. Like was said, a lot more options on bullets and if you decide to start deer hunting again, the 6 will work fine for that to. If it will kill a coyote, in Oklahoma, it will probably kill deer also.

Before you decide for sure, I'd test some heavier bullets in that 12 twist to make sure you have deer covered for the future. There should be good deer bullets it will shoot fine like 85 grain Sierra hpbt.

Originally Posted By: seasleyI’ve been told by several members the 6DTI is not hot weather friendly

But the 6DTI has a whole lot more selection in bullets, and that us a huge plus for me
Only if you chose to use a dumb powder. It boggles the mind why you'd want to do that. These days there's no excuse to not use a modern temp insensative powder like 8208xbr etc. That's what I use is most of my guns from 17Rem to 7.62x54r it works great in pretty much everything.

The 6 will be a better coyote gun. That's what you hunt so keep that. You can figure out deer later IF you ever actually do start deer hunting.

If you keep the 25 it will be a compromise for your favorite and primary hunting (coyotes).

H322 IS a Hodgdon Extreme powder fwiw.

I'll vote the 25 just to be different, and p everybody else off! LOL! Just kiddin! Keep em both - you know you wanna!

The 6DTI is the same as any other round, if you pick a hot load in the winter it can be too hot in the summer heat.

Store some of your 22lr ammo in 2 different temperature extremes and you will see the point I am trying to make.

Back