Caller questions

NeverStopTrying

I have a foxpro firestorm and I'm looking for something with more volume I can afford. Is the alpha dog worth the switch? Also, my eyes are going so I need reading glasses and that small text on foxpro remote is killing me. Any other good callers with bigger/easier to read text on the remote? I dont get up to the city much to look at some in person.

I think there are 3 FoxPro models with the TX1000 remote Shockwave, Fusion,an CS24 I don't no any thing about any other make.

I cant read a FoxPro remote either hence my dislike for most FP's BUT my CS-24(1st gen) with the TX-500 and my Crossfire with the TX-05 both have numeric keypads in addition to scrolling and they have 10 Presets. I don't scroll with it I carry a large print cheat sheet for those few sounds other than the 10 presets I might feel like using.

My Minaskas have numeric keypads on the remote and I set up each bank with rodent squeaks on 9 and pup distress on 0 of each bank so they are available with out even having to look at the remotes.

Last edited:
I have a Primos Alpha Dog. The sound quality at higher volumes is not very good. The sound quality at lower volumes seems fine to me. I also have a Foxpro shockwave. The shockwave has better quality at higher volumes but if I crank it up to 40(max) the sound quality isn't as reliable. Unless it is really windy, I don't turn my volume really high anyway so overall it isn't a big deal on either. Remote seems comparable on both.

+1 on Foxpro Fusion with TX 1000 controller ! I leave my reading glasses in the truck. Buy from their listed dealers you get the 5 year warranty !

Back