A sound from the past.

AWS

Retired PM Staff
I wrote of a slump I was having. Today I went out and it looked like it was going to continue, four stands in great country with a ton of sign. Nothing.

Stand five again looked like a winner and I dug out a sound I haven't used in 20 years since I quit using CD powered callers.

I purchased a JS GS-2 caller on a whim and had it custom programed with 10 sounds and one of the sounds was "Vittle's Ala Jackrabbit" an old time JS sound.

I got to watch the coyote come in across a depression in the desert. It kept brush between me and it all the way and the caller and decoy. It made a circle around the caller and didn't like what it saw and decided to bail but wasn't spooked I let it get out to the next opening and dumped it with the 222 Rem at about 70 yards.

What a neat way to end a slump.

I bought the GS-2 to see how a cheap caller worked. It works great, sound is clear and the remote easy to operate. Other than being a little oversized for what you get it is a nice caller and will see more time in the field with me.

Pictures at 10:00 I need to load them yet.

[img:center][/img]

Last edited:
That was pretty cool, using the old sound and have it produce!

I would like to hear Super Jack again.

When I used a cassette e-caller I would use one or two tapes for 4 straight months and we did pretty good doing it.

That was a good sound on my old PM-3. Other than the cord for the speaker, that was a pretty good unit.

By the time I got the PM that sound had been burned where I was at. On cassette and CD it was a real producer but never did well with it on the PM. Glad there are coyotes out there that are too young to remember it.

Back