Cleaning your wildlife mounts???

pyscodog

Mine are looking pretty scruffy and need cleaned. On line shopping for cleaners has recommended the Seybrite Cleaning kit. Has anyone used it? Are they still in business? I've tried to call several times and just get a busy signal. It sounds like a good product and if it works I'd like to order some. Any other method of cleaning will be appreciated to.

Mine are past a vacuum. Some are older mounts and have smoke discoloration. The Seybrite cleaner is supposed to remove most of it. I'm not expecting a new looking mount just a little better.

Well, I called Seybrite again and got a busy signal still. I called McKenzie Taxidermy supply and they had the kits so I ordered one from them. After it gets here and I use it, I'll give a short update on the results.

Air compressor and a vac. Wipe eyes,claws, noses, antlers, etc with a soft rag and some windex. Q-tip damp with windex to get the eyes really clean. Those who ruin their stuff by smoking takes much more work.

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeAir compressor and a vac. Wipe eyes,claws noses etc with a soft rag and some windex. Q-tip damp with windex to get the eyes really clean. Those who ruin their stuff by smoking takes much more work.

We all have some bad habits. Hopefully the Seybrite will help.

Back