Stoeger MK3 12gauge 3 inch 24 inch barrel

Does anyone know the bore diameter of this barrel.I'm researching possible .723 or .735 not really sure. I'm probably just not looking in the right place. I'm trying to make sure I'm getting to the constriction between .050-.060. lead bb and lead #4 buck per a post by GC in the shotgunning pattern thread. Thanks for any help.

Your going to have to buy an aftermarket choke to get that constriction, if it's the shotgun that rings your chimes get it, measure it and order what you need.

The shotgun you listed comes with C, IC, and M the mod is more than likely around .020 constriction

The M-3000 Model 31832 also has a synthetic stock 24" barrel and come with a IC, M, and XFT(extra full turkey) with a diameter of .661 so you would be close the .060 constriction and it is $140. less.

The chokes supplied are from Stoeger catalog, the choke constriction is from a review on a choke retailers sight'

A call to Stoeger tech should answer your questions.

Standard for 12ga is .729 bore diameter but they do vary a little. I have old shotguns that are as small as .710(from the last century) and as large as .735(I think it was honed) most run close to .729 I have a Skeet's micrometer bore gauge that measures the bore 12" from the muzzle or breech.

Last edited:
Tim do you have any specific choke contriction to start with? Looking at Carlson chokes. I'm thinking about trying some of Apex shells. Maybe, so expensive.

Can't say off the top of my head. I'm always switching ammo and chokes around. My SBE2 has had Kick's Turkey for lead BB and 4 buck. Kick's buck shot choke for Dead coyote T shot. This past season I played with my factory Mod for Rem HD BB , TSS #4 shot and Fed heavyweight (can't recall what size it was). I'm just about out of the high end stuff, so back to my old stand by Fed copper 4 buck soon.

Originally Posted By: marine guyTim do you have any specific choke contriction to start with? Looking at Carlson chokes. I'm thinking about trying some of Apex shells. Maybe, so expensive.

I have had great results with the Carlson's Extended Blued Sporting Clays chokes. They are rated for all shot types and they are not to expensive.

Carlson's almost always has 10% off and free shipping if you buy enough chokes and spend around $125.00 or more.

I have to shoot lead free shot, my Carlson's Imp/Mod chokes shoot pretty tight patterns with 12g/cc, 15g/cc and 18g/cc shot.

Thanks guys this really helps. Especially with choke constriction for the 12g/cc, 15g/cc, and 18g/cc loads. I know a lot of this information is in the shotgunning pattern thread. It's just overwhelming for someone who doesn't know much about shotguns. I've actually read it twice, so thank you to everyone for their hard work and the money they spent and info they pasted onto the rest of us.

Back