Any one shooting a 22 PPC ?

huntschool

I am a bit old school. I am shooting a 22 PPC with 50 gr Burger match Varmint bullets at about 3400 fps. This round does a great job for the kind of shooting we do.

I am wondering if anyone has tried the old 50 gr. Combined Technologies "silver tip" bullet and what their results might be.

Also, if you are shooting a 22 PPC what loads are you shooting.

Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted By: HumpnessI am curious as well. What is your barrel length? I don’t shoot this

Humpness/Brad Phillips:

The gun is a Ruger #1V. The barrel measures 25.5" from the front of the action to the muzzle. It shoots like one would expect a 22PPC to shoot as far as accuracy is concerned. All the "fix it" work has been done to the gun and the trigger has been replaced with a Moyers(sp) which is quite nice.

I know the cartridge has been "up dated" by the 22 BR and the 22 Dasher but this gun shoots so well I really do not want to re-barrel it to one of those. I can buy custom handloads for a reasonable price so what's not to like.

Last edited:
I have a Sako A1 in 22PPC. It shoots great with 52g Sierra match kings in Lapua brass. I also use 50g Sierra blitz in Norma brass. Both loads are fueled by H335.
r5A19EY.jpg

Back