morning #3

lockrotor

Went out this morning it was a warm 35F. Parked by farmer barn and walked 400 yds to fence line running north and south and sat on the east side. Wind was from the west. Set everything up and sat until time to start calling. let out an howl and waited, let out some rabbit screams with the hand call waited. Went to turn on the e-caller and nothing, I thought the batteries would be fine because only made one call yesterday with it, wrong. Went back to old school and started screaming on the Death Tool. After the third set of screaming I see 3 coming in from long way off. the first two were young ones from this year. I got one and missed the second and the third never crossed the tree line to be in the same field

49279584223_744a8e2d58_z.jpg

Here is a picture of the calls I carry on my layard.

49280062286_8d1753e666_z.jpg

Thanks for looking and reading.

Nice job. The dang batteries on mine are doing the same thing. Cold does not do well with aa's. Love your lanyard and calls!.

WTG on getting the coyote, Congrats
I always have hand calls with and in many ways prefer them over the e-caller.
However, I have found the Eneloop rechargeable batteries preform remarkably well in the cold conditions.

Just started using eneloop Samsung 30Qs 3 wks ago & am very pleased. Temps in mid teens I got 13 sets in 2 nights before the low battery light started flashing then got 3 more sets with the light flashing before I headed home.
The other batts (4 sets) I have been using in my Fury 2 would not play if the light came on. Actually the call would shut off the instant the light came on.

sorry for misinfo. I bought eneloop pros for the fury 2 & Samsung 30Qs for my lights a few weeks ago & just "combined" the 2 brands in my reply.

Back