1,000 to 1,200 dollar scope recommendations.

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: NDAR15MANSightron III 10-50x60 illuminated dot MOA-2 reticle on my AR10 made by Shaw in a 6.5 creedmoor. 1 on a 223 savage axis with Boyd stock and 1 on a Ruger M77 28 inch barrel 6.5 creedmoor. I know they are big scopes but no need for binoculars.
Marty

??

So like point your gun and something to see what it is instead of Bino's ?

Originally Posted By: NDAR15MANSightron III 10-50x60 illuminated dot MOA-2 reticle on my AR10 made by Shaw in a 6.5 creedmoor. 1 on a 223 savage axis with Boyd stock and 1 on a Ruger M77 28 inch barrel 6.5 creedmoor. I know they are big scopes but no need for binoculars.
Other Sightron III you could consider is the 8-32x56.
I don’t think you will find a better scope for the money. Great warranty , great people to work with if you need to use warranty. 90% as good as a NightForce in my opinion at 1/3 to 1/2 the price. Marty

Ok , So I've never had or used a Sightron scope.

Which model/s of NF do you have/had or used to compare them with ?
Maybe I need to switch brands !?

What is the other 10 % ?

School me/us ,as Christmas is coming !

Thanks in advance.
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: TxhillbillyWhile I have always liked my Sightron SIII scopes - I have 5 of them,the Athlon Midas will run right with them,and the Ares BTR and Cronus BTR scopes are far superior to the Sightron in optic quality,reticle's,and come with stuff that Sightron's don't like zero stop & illuminated reticles.
Tracking has always been Sightron's best trait,but the 3 Athlon scopes I have will track just as good.
Turret feel is better on the Sightron's,but after you remove the grease that Athlon uses on their turrets,they are pretty good. Originally Posted By: TxhillbillyWhile I have always liked my Sightron SIII scopes - I have 5 of them,the Athlon Midas will run right with them,and the Ares BTR and Cronus BTR scopes are far superior to the Sightron in optic quality,reticle's,and come with stuff that Sightron's don't like zero stop & illuminated reticles.
Tracking has always been Sightron's best trait,but the 3 Athlon scopes I have will track just as good.
Turret feel is better on the Sightron's,but after you remove the grease that Athlon uses on their turrets,they are pretty good. Sightron does now have zero stop and IR on some SIII models now. I like their zero stop.

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeOriginally Posted By: NDAR15MANSightron III 10-50x60 illuminated dot MOA-2 reticle on my AR10 made by Shaw in a 6.5 creedmoor. 1 on a 223 savage axis with Boyd stock and 1 on a Ruger M77 28 inch barrel 6.5 creedmoor. I know they are big scopes but no need for binoculars.
Other Sightron III you could consider is the 8-32x56.
I don’t think you will find a better scope for the money. Great warranty , great people to work with if you need to use warranty. 90% as good as a NightForce in my opinion at 1/3 to 1/2 the price. Marty

Ok , So I've never had or used a Sightron scope.

Which model/s of NF do you have/had or used to compare them with ?
Maybe I need to switch brands !?

What is the other 10 % ?

School me/us ,as Christmas is coming !

Thanks in advance.
thumbup1.gif

Out of that list, I would only recommend the Vortex. They get you the highest quality for your money. I personally don't own any Vortex scopes, but having seen them around and used one a few times, they are the highest quality for your budget.

I personally shoot a Nightforce SHV and would recommend their scopes, but they are over your budget. I also use other models but well outside your budget.

One thing is for sure, stay away from Sightron. Their quality is questionable and I hear nothing but problems. But then, that is what I hear from the competition side of things and how those scopes get used quite a bit. It is usually the same story. New shooter buys a Sightron, uses it until it breaks or has problems, sells it and then moves on to other manufacturers. Best to skip this step and get into a better product with the Vortex and save money in the end.

As mentioned, your dollar can stretch a little further when buying used and you do find good deals on occassion. I persoanlly vouch for the Gen 2 PST's. Never was a fan of Burris and Leupold VX3i LRP is unimpressive to say the least. Couldnt get rid of mine quick enough. My sendero and two varmint rifles currently wear Viper PST 2's and my precision rifle wears a Razor Gen II if that tells you anything. Cant go wrong with a Gen II PST.

Back