Bog Pod "Death Grip" Tripod

I have used mine a few times so far, works good. only complaints is I have to scan with it, and it gets a bit uncomfortable at times, when the tripod is in the snow it can seem too short and I am 6' tall.

I recently picked one up and am very pleased with it. Controls work great. As compared to my Caldwell Pro (or whatever its called) which supports the rifle front and rear, I prever the single clamp on the Death Grip unit. I hunt while sitting in a fold out chair and it works perfectly for me.

Originally Posted By: huntschoolThanks guys....

Anyone else? How stable is the rifle in the rest, i.e. does it wiggle much ?

Mine is very stable and doesnt wiggle as much as the Caldwell DeadShot Magnum FieldPod. Mine is the aluminum version and its quite stable enough for me. Suspect the carbon fiber version would be even more so. I use the Caldwell for my main hunting stand because its been sitting there for the last 6 months and I'm too lazy to change it out and I walk to that location which is inside a garage (shoot out the back window). I take the Death Grip with me to my 2nd hunting location because its easier to transport and set up. It has set interlocks on the legs so its easy to deploy the legs at 45 degrees which pretty much levels things out. The Caldwell has no such function, but it does have a leveling bubble so you can get it level that way. All my hunting is from the sitting position in a chair. Hope this helps. I really like mine.

Heres your answer: i run a kopfjager reaper 700 250$ cop discount. I just got back from huntin with the old man in the midwest, he uses the deathgrip bog pod.

For coyote hunting puposes the death grip is very very very close to the jager. More plastic, no offset, and no side tilt. But man is it solid. For predator hunting, the kopfjager is better but not much better. The deathgrip is a solid , solid shooting platform. Its steady, smooth pan, highly adjustable, and not heavy. Highly recommended. Im 6 ft 1 in no issues at all.standing or sitting. I stand most of the time.

Last edited:
I bought the carbon fiber version very steady use it mostly kneeling to shoot .you do have to level it out because no ball head but after two months one of the rubber inside pads fell out and lost I think it has helped Less misses

I bought the carbon fiber version very steady use it mostly kneeling to shoot .you do have to level it out because no ball head but after two months one of the rubber inside pads fell out and lost I think it has helped Less misses

I have the Aluminum Version , Light enough, Stable Enough , for the $125 spent.
I like Mine, Holds the Rifle Secure, Tall enough for here in the SE States, for Coyote and Hog Hunts. No Snow.
I'm Sure those $4-$600 ones are Nice Too!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone.

I shoot/call mostly from a sitting position. I do have a "shoot from vehicle" permit but seldom use it. This thing seems like a good rest for me.

Thanks again.

They are far from light weight, but for the price they are hard to beat! The pig saddle pivots up and down as well as right to left. It does not have a ball head, it so can't pivot side to side (if that makes sense). If you have a round stock, you're able to level the rifle prior to tightening down the saddle. If you have a quad picatinny rail or some oblong stock, it will be difficult to get a nice level platform. Hopefully that makes sense.

The pig saddle tightens down on the weapon platform very well. I wish the up/down knob would tighten more than it does. If you rifle is balanced front to back on the saddle it's not a big deal. If your platform is weighted differently (night vision attachments, lights, etc) it might not tighten to your liking.

Overall, it's a great price for what you get.

We used one back in October for our sniper training. I was impressed with it as we were able to get low enough to shoot prone or shoot standing up. If we weren't shooting from it the instructors used it to hold the spotting scope as it was more stable than the other tripod.

Originally Posted By: crowkiller51I have the Aluminum Version , Light enough, Stable Enough , for the $125 spent.
I like Mine, Holds the Rifle Secure, Tall enough for here in the SE States, for Coyote and Hog Hunts. No Snow.
I'm Sure those $4-$600 ones are Nice Too!

Who has them for $125. I keep seeing $149 every where I'm searching.

Got mine via Dvor during black friday sales for $125. I that that ship has sailed though. Might check optics planet because thats who shipped mine.

Back