Trick you, ugly coyote is down

fratri

I went to this same farm this morning and did a couple of sets on it... On the first set I had a coyote stick his head over the rise (probably caught me moving because I had a good wind so it did not smell me) and turned back to go into the bush/creek bed....no chance at a shot....Afterwards, I went for a walk and discovered the creek bed was littered with tracks, using it as a runway......... that got me thinking.......

So fast forward to this afternoon, with some time available....
I decide to go back to the same farm (arriving just as the sun went down) but change up tactics a bit......I would sit in the same spot, but this time instead of just strictly using my screaming rabbit hand-calls, I would incorporate the ecaller and decoy.... (try and trick one of these buggers to come in)
I set the decoy/ecaller about 40 yds away and began with some bird distress calls....After about 7-8 minutes I see this coyote coming my way (opposite direction from this mornings coyote-this mornings coyote came up out of the creek bed on my far right)....
This coyote was moving well toward me but stayed on the far side of the treeline.....I re-positioned myself and got ready....
I was worried he would wind me, so when he got clear of that treeline, I yelled out a loud "Wolf" sound and he stopped.... I already had the cross hairs on him so took the 100yd shot right away.. He dropped in his tracks..... When I approached, I discovered an ugly looking coyote with some mange.....

49255586676_64548bbc2e_c.jpg

49255586701_d0790c947c_c.jpg

49255586626_b8094b588a_z.jpg

Way to go fratri, changing things up to score another coyote. Too bad it had mange. I always feel like I'm there with you, when reading your stories and how things played out.
thumbup1.gif

Back