Jury duty

tripod3

Got the dreaded letter signed by the judge.
Showed up with a couple dozen others.
The case was something I've personally experienced which I acknowledged.
The judge, prosecutor, defense attorney quickly honed on me.
Defense asked that I be excused, judge said no way.
Prosecutor stipulated to defense so judge grudgingly excused me, the first one.
This time felt good being first and the guy next to me said "way to go".

WTG - my last call-up was for a mid-eastern guy trying to dodge a DUI.
I was way to eager to get it done, which lead to my being excused at down-select..
Darn, I wanted a shot at him..

been called twice.
First time I had just had a heart attack and was in hospital. Second time I had just been burned over 30 percent and was in hospital.
Clerk said they were putting a note in to not call me anymore. So far no more calls.

Last one i got, i wore my AR15 shirt. The entire front of the shirt is a diagonal pic of the upper/lower with the selector that says Safe/Fire/GetSome.
I didn't even get interviewed but the bailiff did say "Nice Shirt" as i walked out.

I've been on Jury Duty twice the past 10 years...first time wasn't too bad,I wasn't picked to be on the Jury each time I had to go there.Last year I was on Jury Duty I was never called in...!
I can say that there are a lot of dis-respectful People that are put on trial and a Judge has to put up with a lot of BS and have my Respect for what they put up with on a daily basis!

Last edited:
Served on a civil jury and the trial was quite boring. One of the lawyers stopped right in the middle of a sentence and stared at the jury box. The judge, who had been looking at something on his desk, looked up and joined the attorney in staring at the jury. We all started looking around and found what had caught their attention.

A woman juror on the back row was reading a newspaper....after a long silence, she finally lowered the newspaper to see the judge and everyone else in the courtroom staring at her. She calmly folded up her paper and surprisingly, the judge just motioned for the attorney to continue.
smile.gif

Regards,
hm

I've had 5 or 6 over the years, from a county I don't live in. Every time I call them and they say they will change it.

I wanted to get called for the Kobe Bryant rape trial, that could have been a book deal!

I had county once many years ago. Got on 2 civil trials and dodged a third very long and complicated trial in a week. Had federal a few years ago. Went the first day, didn't get selected for a trial and didn't have to go back for the remaining 6 weeks.

Me? When asked I calmly state where I work, Then yes your Honor, I know both of them (both sides the subject and victim) from jail. The judge goes through all the other potential juris, there is a start of a discussion between the judge, defense, prosecutor, the judge stops and says to me "Sir, you may go". I have to go when called up, then they dismiss me.

Now, my wife has done all kinds of jury duty, even federal district and gets selected. But, she has not got called since the last incident. I guess she was getting feed up with it. She stated that both her husband and son work in law enforcement. The defense asked " does that mean you can't be impartial?" And she said "That means that if they are in jail they are there for a reason". She hasn't be called since.

I went Monday. An hour drive from home for me. 15 cases to try and not a.single one was even looked at. 0845 was the show up time and I was home by 1030. About half of them did get their probation revoked.

I've only been called once about 25 years ago. Made it all the way up to the box where the lawyers ask you stupid questions.
Then my brother in law walked in.
He was the arresting officer.

I still laugh about it.

Now, my wife has done all kinds of jury duty, even federal district and gets selected. But, she has not got called since the last incident. I guess she was getting feed up with it. She stated that both her husband and son work in law enforcement. The defense asked " does that mean you can't be impartial?" And she said "That means that if they are in jail they are there for a reason". She hasn't be called since.

Copied from above

Ive viewed many youtubes since coronavirus and you can see many where the cops are wrong and often the 'reason' as you said is strictly bogus.
Cities get sued for thousands for cop misconduct and the sucker taxpayers get stuck w/ the bill rather than the cops retirement fund.

Big one is filming cop activity. they hate it for a reason.

Originally Posted By: crapshootJust got a summons a week ago. Lets see how this pans out with this pandemic nonsense.

I'd plan an escape for that.

"Cough Cough, I think I have a fever"

Last edited:
Back