Any body recommend a tannery?

Mtns2hunt

Thought I would have a few hides tanned. I'll tan one myself but unless it turns out fantastic would like send some off to a really good tannery. Any suggestions?

Mainly interested in coyote and deer. Hoping to get a Bobcat but he is going to a taxidermist. Thanks!

Not sure about deer, But since you are on the east side of the world, Leo at Z & L in New Jersey is as good as it gets out there.

Moyle does a good job. Moyle has a big ranch mink operation and I mean big ( one of the biggest in USA , like 85,000 pelts a year back in the 1990’s , might be more now ) and he use to tan his own mink pelts. I am almost 100% positive he still does. I use to raise mink myself and I use to see some of his own tanned mink pelts at the trade shows. It is a very very soft garment tan. That’s what you want. Last few years every one thinks they are a tanner and they rush the process and do not drum the furs long enough. Time is money and these new guys don’t want to take the extra time and spend the electric to drum them soft for you. Who ever you do business with you need to make it perfectly clear that you want your pelts to come back a soft garment tan. Tell them I don’t want them coming back like a shower curtain. The guy will then get the picture. MD

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: UncleHef-A.Sleepy Creek Tannery, Wellsburg Iowa.

Hef-A

For sure, Ben at sleepy creek will treat you right. I take something over there every year

Back