ATN Comparison

v2k

How does the ATN x-sight 4k compare to the Bushnell Equinox for night vision viewing?
I have an Bushnell Equinox but its nothing that great.

Does the ATN x-sight 4k 3-14 have the same night viewing range as the ATN x-sight 4k 5-20?

I can't speak for the 4k 5-20, but I did have a xs 2 5-20 and it was great. That being said, when I upgraded to a 4k I went with the 3-14 just for the better field of view on native mag. The biggest hinderence with night time range is the stock IR that comes with. If you want to be able to see a long ways out, get an upgraded IR Illuminator. I also can't say that I have had any experience with the Bushnell optic you mentioned.

When I had my XS 2 5-20, I was able to see fence posts about about 425 yards with the included IR Illuminator. A lot of folks have issues with being able to get any kind of acceptable range out of the included IR, but after a bit of tweaking with it I was able to get the results I mentioned earlier.(with the xsight 2 5-20)

An upgraded IR will be far better. THis video I'm going to link shows the 4k 5-20 paired with a Sniper Hawg Lights Coyote Cannon @ 850 yards. This is a BIG light, but they are fricken sweet.

I have a 66LRX from SHL with a red emitter and absolutely love it. I can easily see 650+ yards with the 66LRX.

The night viewing range is going to be fully dependant on the quality of the IR Illuminator you are using.

Originally Posted By: LittleAndyI can't speak for the 4k 5-20, but I did have a xs 2 5-20 and it was great. That being said, when I upgraded to a 4k I went with the 3-14 just for the better field of view on native mag. The biggest hinderence with night time range is the stock IR that comes with. If you want to be able to see a long ways out, get an upgraded IR Illuminator. I also can't say that I have had any experience with the Bushnell optic you mentioned.

When I had my XS 2 5-20, I was able to see fence posts about about 425 yards with the included IR Illuminator. A lot of folks have issues with being able to get any kind of acceptable range out of the included IR, but after a bit of tweaking with it I was able to get the results I mentioned earlier.(with the xsight 2 5-20)

An upgraded IR will be far better. THis video I'm going to link shows the 4k 5-20 paired with a Sniper Hawg Lights Coyote Cannon @ 850 yards. This is a BIG light, but they are fricken sweet.

I have a 66LRX from SHL with a red emitter and absolutely love it. I can easily see 650+ yards with the 66LRX.

The night viewing range is going to be fully dependant on the quality of the IR Illuminator you are using.

How do you like the X 4K? I really want to get one for the battery life over the Wraith but looking at the ATN owners group page just about every post is complaining about firmwear bugs and glitches. I don’t want or need that. Want to just hunt.

TIA

Last edited:
I had a 4k 3x14 and it worked great for shooting hogs at a feeder at 60 yards. I didn’t have any problems with mine other than a freeze up 2 or 3 times in 15 months. I sold it and bought a Thor 4 384 2x8. If you hunt quite a bit, you are eventually going to want and buy thermal. Might as well bite the bullet and do it now.

Originally Posted By: IHarvestFurHow do you like the X 4K? I really want to get one for the battery life over the Wraith but looking at the ATN owners group page just about every post is complaining about firmwear bugs and glitches. I don’t want or need that. Want to just hunt.
I have the 4k Pro 3-14x and like it just fine. It has locked up on me probably three or four times within the last 13-14 months, but that has not been a deal breaker issue. The battery life is very good, so is the eye relief. It has onboard video recording (with sound) with just a touch of a top button, plus it has features like ballistic calculator that I really like. For the money the scope is pretty good. I would buy another one, actually have been considering it recently to put on a dedicated hog rifle.

I learned my lesson with the original Xsight. Never worked from day 1. Sent in for warranty and only cost me $400 to repair it by replacing it with an Xsight2...no more ATN products for me.

I have a bushnell equinox z 6x50mm .. I put a sniperhog 66lrx 850nm on it and can see big stuff at 1000+ yards (buildings,large trees) i can easily see / id animals at 500+ .. I have an atn 4k pro 3x14 with a coyote cannon 850nm on it .. Above Little Andy posted comments and a video .. Mine is exactly like he described .. No need to say all that again ..
I have owned and messed with computers for over 30 years .. I am self taught and able to successfully complete the most basic functions .. I have learned the more software that is running in the background at a given time the more chance there is for software conflict and for software bugs to become known .. Any computer that i have experience with can be overloaded which generates sluggishness , crashes , freezes , unexpected behavior ..
The main complaints i read about the 4k pro are bluetooth , obsidian app. abl. ballistics calculator .. I almost never read complaints about the scope when those items are turned off ..
On my 4k pro i have no interest in the fancy stuff .. I bought it to kill coyotes .. I turned off every thing that can be turned off .. When i hunt i turn on the scope .. Turn on night mode and the coyote cannon ir light .. Under these conditions the scope works perfect everytime ..

Last edited:
I've loved every ATN product I have owned. The thing you have to remember with that ATN group on Facebook is that it's a troubleshooting and assistance page. For the most part, what your gonna see on that page is people who need help figuring their devices out, or need help with a malfunctioning piece of equipment.

I originally purchased the XS2 and liked it. When they came out with the 4k I purchased the 3-14 and love it. I have not had any problems with it. Period.

I also bought a Thor HD 2-8 thermal device and I love it as well. I will say that I did have an issue with the display inside the eyepiece. It almost looked like it was frosted over in the upper right hand corner. I sent it off to ATN and 3 weeks later it was back at the house completely fixed and ready to hunt.
In the three years I've owned ATN optics, the Thor was the ONLY device I had a problem with and it was remedied very promptly. I have messed around with the WIFI on my devices for connecting to my phone and have not had any issues. I think many of the problems that people have with the Ballistic calculator are because the flat out don't know what the heck they are doing.

I used to spend a lot of time helping people out on that ATN page on FB. Most of the time the issues are user error. This doesn't mean that ATN doesn't have some issues. Everyone does. But in my opinion the reason that page is so riddled with bad stuff is because ATN makes an affordable entry level NV device and there are a lot of inexperienced people trying to get into the game so they go to social media for help.

Bob2799 hit the nail on the head with his statement "The main complaints i read about the 4k pro are bluetooth , obsidian app. abl. ballistics calculator .. I almost never read complaints about the scope when those items are turned off .." I think this is true because a lot of people don't like to read the dang manual lol.

I am very impressed with my xsight4k pro. I have the 5-20 and I don't think you can see any further that the 3-14, I think you just get more zoom before it starts to get grainy. You can definitely extend your range by upgrading the included illuminator, but I haven't had any issues seeing out to 300 yards with the included illuminator. The battery life has really impressed me, mine came with an external battery pack that I haven't even used. The onboard battery life is so good, I don't see where it would even be necessary.

I have had very little issues with mine in the past 4 months of owning mine, and 90% were my fault. I had it freeze up once while I was trying to download some video to my phone, no issues while actually hunting with it.

Originally Posted By: LittleAndyI've loved every ATN product I have owned. The thing you have to remember with that ATN group on Facebook is that it's a troubleshooting and assistance page. For the most part, what your gonna see on that page is people who need help figuring their devices out, or need help with a malfunctioning piece of equipment.

Probably true, but [beeep] there’s an awful lot of problems going on there! I was all set to try a 4K 3-14 but I know how my luck would be and I don’t need that kind of aggravation. Seems like their product has great potential but I’m not wanting to be their test bed crash dummy! I see enough of that in the two way radio business!

I am using the 5-20 4kpro with a Sniper hawg 66 and have no complaints. It is super easy to zero and holds the zero very well. I actually purchased one of the refurbished models for $600 and it has been great so far. I have killed a few coyotes with it and have no complaints.If I could train myself to hit record I would have some good videos I just forget lol...

Back