Two for Four Video

DoubleUp

We went to one of our favorite fields tonight. Four coyotes were in the field as we were setting up, but we only saw two at first. I started playing Babe Cottontail and eventually got the sound up loud enough for them to hear it. Three of them started coming to us. We had agreed that since I killed the last one, my hunting partner would get first shot. I held off on a perfect shot at 50 yds. and his rifle clicked on the other coyote. The primer was not touched so apparently the firing pin didn't fall.

Anyway, he recyled his AR twice and managed to kill his coyote. I took a long running shot and missed. We still had a coyote in the field and our patience and persistence paid off. He eventually worked his way back into range and I killed him while he was walking. He was about 30 yds. beyond the other coyote.

Here is the pair after we picked them up. A double is always nice, but it could have been a triple without the misfire.

IMG_20191215_185915888 by Double Up, on Flickr

Well done, your a good partner holding off even after the AR "click"! The slow motion was cool. 👍

Oh the other version of the "click" is when your hunting buddy decides to take his safety off when the critter is 10 yards away.

"CLICK" safety off = Critter takes off at light speed

He realized today after we talked about it that he forgot to load his rifle, and when he racked a round, he didn't get it fully seated so the firing pin didn't fall and he had to rack another round, but he made a nice recovery.

Originally Posted By: capitolOh the other version of the "click" is when your hunting buddy decides to take his safety off when the critter is 10 yards away.

"CLICK" safety off = Critter takes off at light speed

So true
The fail to fire click = terrible
The safety off click (not spooking coyote) = awesome

Back