Here's a keeper

wolftrapper

Got this female at around fifty yards. She came in to rabbit distress, on a bite call. .222 Rem. fifty grain psp. Looking for more like this!

Isn't that good looking coyote country?
mail39.jpg

Originally Posted By: tripod3Nice coat, way too steep for me!

I amaze myself at how much hiking I am willing to do for a shot at a coyote! I had to pack her a good mile....I would go about fifty yards, then stop to breathe....then do it again. Dropped my hat about a quarter mile out, and had to go back for it. I got my money's worth in exercise!

Can't wait to do it again!

Originally Posted By: spotstalkshootTakes about 10 mins to peel a warm coyote, are there any trees or fence post to hang in?

Yeah, that's an option, but I didn't have a good knife with me that morning....hadn't figured on going that far.

One of these days i want to go down and hunt yotes in that part of the state, just for something different. I have a benge second deer permit, would be an excuse to head south, but i really dont need the meat.

Originally Posted By: SlagiattOne of these days i want to go down and hunt yotes in that part of the state, just for something different. I have a benge second deer permit, would be an excuse to head south, but i really dont need the meat.

You'll be in a great location for coyote hunting.

Originally Posted By: masshunterHandsome coyote, whats the gun ? Love the 222.

Old Model 70 Winchester, Leupold 3x9 'scope. It's a dandy...."til death do us part."

It's good to see some Washintonians having some success. the weather has been less than ideal so far this season. 56 degrees today is so far from the norm for eastern Washington.

Back