Coyote #30

Snowshoes

After getting the triple yesterday which put me at 29 coyotes so far, I was determined to reach 30+ coyotes today. Well after the 3rd set and not seeing a coyote, I was starting to think this may not happen today. Fourth stand had me walking down a treed fence line for a quarter mile and at roughly 250 yards I cross to the other side using a well used game trail. As I was about to step out of the trees and into the field, I see a coyote walking along the same fence line and working it’s way towards me. I slowly slide the rifle off my shoulder, kneel down and get the bi-pod set up. The coyote covers another 50 or so yards but starts to swing into the trees. I bark at it and the coyote stops before entering the safety of the trees. A 163 yards shot has coyote #30 down. It started snowing like crazy so instead of continuing my journey, I turned around and walked back to get the truck.Thankfully the snow didn't last too long.

Last edited:
Congrats on #30. But its looks like another ugly one. To date how many good one do you have? And is this year close to other years of percentage of good and bad ones? But we are glad we get to read and see the pictures of your hunts. Thanks

Originally Posted By: lockrotorCongrats on #30. But its looks like another ugly one. To date how many good one do you have? And is this year close to other years of percentage of good and bad ones? But we are glad we get to read and see the pictures of your hunts. Thanks
This coyote was actually not too bad looking. I brushed the snow off the best I could for the picture but some of the snow had melted on the fur, giving it that "wet dog" look
smile.gif

My ratio is 66.6% good furred coyotes to 33.3% bad ones, which is a bit higher than the past couple years.

To date, I have 20 keepers and 10 that were left behind,

Here is the 16 that went to the fur buyer today

And the four from last weekend which will be the start of the next batch.

Averaged $152 for the 16 coyotes today. Top coyote brought $175 and lowest was $105

Last edited:
Wow good work on the Skinner's part those are some great looking dogs. Congrats on the 30. I made 30 this weekend too but I'm cheating and have a snare site.

Back