Creating a loud coyote fight with your Foxpro TX1000 remote.

derbyacresbob

Yesterday we had a slow day calling coyotes and I let 2 coyotes get away that shouldn't have got away.

But we did have a big male coyote challenge us from about 400 yards away that made our day unforgettable.

On my Foxpro TX1000 remote my #4 pre-set sound is "Male Coyote Challenge #4" sound on full volume 40. When the male coyote challenged the Bay Bee Cottontail sound I was playing, I immediately hit my #4 pre-set sound to challenge him back.

He was about 400 yards away on a rocky ridge screaming challenges at us. After about 1 minute of these constant challenges, I did my best to make it sound like a big coyote fight was taking place.

With the help of some of Foxpro's new sounds, I started using my pre-set favorites list to rapid fire some coyotes sounds on full volume 40 at the pi$$ed off male coyote.

I started playing 4 or 5 sounds for only 5 to 8 seconds each on full volume. There was no silent delays between these sounds, just full blast volume sounds back to back. The sounds were "Angry Badger", "Den Heist", "Junk Yard Dog", "Den Mayhem" and "Coyote Pup Screams".

So I probable switched between these sounds back to back about 8 to 10 times before switching to "Coyote Pup Distress 3".

After about 30 to 45 seconds of "Pup Distress 3" sound the male
coyote came into view about 50 yards away from me. He was looking towards my Foxpro Fusion looking for a fight when my 243 Win dropped him.
IMG_3073 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/156463377@N08/, on Flickr
In the above picture my friend Greg is holding up the big male coyote that was looking for a fight.

For the last 3 years I have had good results calling in aggressive males and groups of coyotes that want to fight or run off the coyotes in their area. It works with some of the older Foxpro sounds also, just use any fox, badger or coyote sounds that sounds like growling or fighting.

Most of the coyotes around here that challenge me, sound just like Foxpro's "Male Coyote Challenge 4" sound. That is why my #4 pre-set sound is the "Male Challenge 4" sound.

I think being able to instantly challenge the coyote back, it really ticks them off. Quite often after challenging the coyote for 20 to 30 seconds they go silent and start running in towards my Foxpro.

So right now I have my TX1000 remote pre-set and favorite sounds are in this order to start with.
#1- Coyote Pup Screams, volume 40.
#2- Coyote Pup Distress #3, volume 40.
#3- Vole Squeaks, Volume 24.
#4- Male Coyote Challenge 4, volume 40.
#5- Den Heist, volume 40.
#6- Junk Yard Dog, volume 40.
#7- Den Mayhem, volume 40.
#8- Angry Badger, volume 40.
#9- Schiller Coyote Pup, volume 40.

My first 4 sounds have been my emergency sounds for a long time and that is why I leave my favorite coyote coaxing sound as my #3 sound.

If the coyotes are challenging you and howling at you, they think you are a coyote or coyotes.
If you have a coyote or coyotes yacking at you and they won't budge, try to make it sound like a coyote fight is taking place and see what happens.

From what I have seen over the years is, Coyote Pup Distress 3 really triggers coyotes to come in. I have watched coyotes through my rifle scope and watched coyotes head my way as soon as they heard Coyote Pup Distress 3.

I have also seen them not budge when they heard Pup Distress #3 the first time I played it, but then after switching a bunch of coyote vocal sounds the coyotes started running my way the second time I played Pup Distress 3.

Thanks for the advice and tips,nice looking coyote. Foxpro just had a cyber monday sale on sounds and I loaded den mayhem,den heist,and coyote pups play fight on my fusion and expecting good results when using foxfusion with fawn distress in superthick swamps. Only problem is 2ft of snow.I went out last night and I was thinking "Can a ambulance make it out here" anyway is your .243 fur friendly and if so what do you shoot.Thanks for the write up.

Thank you for this information. I was curious, I see a lot of Coyote sounds in your favorites. Are your coyotes in your area more aggressive? I note that in my neck of the woods, the coyotes are very call shy, with good reason, since people use callers a lot around here and they call from their vehicles. Would you recommend a difference sequence for my type of Coyotes?

I just don't seem to have good luck with bringing them in with any Coyote sounds.

Most of the coyotes that I call in with coyote vocal sounds I have heard challenging the distress sounds from my Foxpro.

When coyotes challenge the sound that you are playng there is a very good chance they think you are a coyote.

So challenging them back and using coyote vocal sounds can get them to come in.

Coyote Pup Distress 3 sound can call in coyotes anytime of the year.

The coyotes in the areas I hunt probable are more aggressive than in areas where there are less coyotes.

Before you quit and leave a stand play a coyote challenge sound for about 30 seconds on full volume to see if you can get a challenge back.

Funny thing, last week I finally shot a coyote while he was challenging me. I always wanted to do that, when they have their mouth open and deflating him.
smile.gif

Though I think about 2/3's of the coyotes we shot last week were YOY.

Back