Thanksgiving hunt

Travis81

Well I finally got back out for the first time in quite awhile on Thanksgiving weekend with my brother and a couple buddies. The first day me and my brother hiked out one way and he ended up calling one in for me with the mouth call but it came in high to the side and winded me at probably 10 yards from behind some sage brush, luckily as it turned I was able to get to the outside and dropped it at around 25 yards. The second day me and one of our buddies went out and I called one in with the Foxpro that stopped at 35 yards, one shot and it was done. We then walked down and I was able to call another in but this time it came in on his side, unfortunately he had an issue and wasn’t able to take the shot so I did and it went down but a couple seconds later got up and ran. I got one more shot off at it before in disappeared into the tall grass. Then another one popped its head out across the creek bank, at that point I was in a bad passion and completely missed the shot at that one. We were not able to find the runner unfortunately. All together we got 5 confirmed + the 1 that got away, we also called 2 others in later that day in different areas but couldn’t even get shots at them. Pretty good trip overall and it felt good to get out again with the guys after so long.
TL7sUfL.jpg

HIA88EW.jpg

Nice, and Quote:it felt good to get out again with the guys after so long. makes it all that much more enjoyable!

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: NciyotehunterNice write up and pics. I really like the looks of your AR. I was curious to what caliber it is?
Thanks it’s just a .223 I put together a few years ago.

Back