First mid day called in coyote,

MH WASH

I tried one stand early Sunday morning, knew fog would be an issue, but thought it would lift earlier than it did. Made it back out at noon. First stand was unsuccessful, but not the second one. At 1:00 p m I got the call going. I was expecting the coyotes to come out of a brushy draw about 200 yards away. Just a minute or two later I see a coyote come around the bend of an eye brow just 40 yards away to my left. Of course my rifle was in the shooting sticks pointed to my right. I tried real slowly to move the rifle but got caught. She started away, giving my an opportunity to grab the rifle. I wasn't sure she would stop, so I took a moving shot at about 30 yards. The shot wasn't great, but it worked.
[img:left][/img]

thumbup1.gif

Yep, nice looking coyote. Tell us about your rifle and load. It’s always interesting to hear what others are using.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Yep, nice looking coyote. Tell us about your rifle and load. It’s always interesting to hear what others are using.

Your right, reading about the guns and loads is the most interesting part to me.

RAR 22-250 1/8 twist with 75gr Amax. Not th setup I need for this shot.

Originally Posted By: g BoI always had just as much success in mid day as any other time

I agree, I may hunt 2-3 times a year at sun up, but mostly hunt from late morning until dusk.

Back