What’s your Furthest kill with 20 cal 35gr bergers

Matt_3479

Been shooting a 20 tac for a few years now and finally looking to try a more fur friendly bullet. Starting to load 35 cal Bergers now and curious as too there range

Last edited:
Can't speak for the Berger's but with a 40 gr vmax in a 20practical I tagged a coyote at 650 yards. There was quite a lot of spinning but he did expire.

The 35 grain Berger is a GREAT! Coyote bullet, I am very happy with mine. 356 so far. Just missed one at 514, didnt allow enough Kentucky windage.

Probably under 200 yards. I have shot further coyotes with my 17's, but I rarely shoot any over 200. My last outing with the 20 Practical and the 35 Bergers, some were a bit messy and some were very fur friendly. about 50/50. But those Bergers and a hot load of benchmark is a very accurate load in my rifle.

I have been tempted to try the 32 Sierra BK's from another members suggestion.

Awesome thank you!! Been shooting the 39gr blitz kings for years but switching to the 35gr Bergers and was worried with the low bc my effective range would drop

Originally Posted By: GRIZZLYONEI kilt one at 560 one night with my 22-250 up by Beatty Nevada does that count?

Unfortunately not but [beeep] nice shooting! I missed one at 565 with my creed. Still [beeep] me off. Was calling for 25 mins when a huge dog stepped out of the back bush Line and just stood there broadside for 2-3 mins. I forgot my range finders at home this time (never done that before). Trying to remember the yardage from the last time I was hunting there and dialed up too much.

Originally Posted By: crazyyoteApproximately 200-225 yards, dead right there. 20 Tac with the 35 grain Berger

How fast are you pushing them?

Back