Rel 10X in a 223?

pyscodog

Any of you use it? I tried it in my TC Venture today with 50 grain BlitzKings. I wasn't that impressed. I started out pretty low on the charge and worked up to book max. At book max, I got about a 3/4 inch 5 shot group at 100yds with no pressure signs to speak of. Every load below max was really large, more like a pattern than a group. 24.5 grains was book max but I think it will handle a little more and maybe tighten up the groups. Have any of you tried it with good results?

I run 10X in my Ruger American with 50gr. NBT with excellent accuracy. Same results in a cpl other .223s albeit with a bit higher charge than yours. It's my go-to load for .223 coyote loads.

I think the book max load is a tad on the light side. I had no signs of pressure and at 24.5 grains it was just starting to close up the group. I think its possible to run the charge up a little and still be OK.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: pyscodogI think the book max load is a tad on the light side. I had no signs of pressure and at 24.5 grains it was just starting to close up the group. I think its possible to run the charge up a little and still be OK.

Are you shooting this out of a NATO chamber ? 55 grain bullets ? I can get to 24 grains top with a 55 grain bullet before I pop out an occasional primer.

kwg

I burnt most of a pound through one of mine several years ago. I remember it performed fine for me but I didn't buy anymore.

Back