How much is a Weems Dualtone worth....

Curt Barrett

good shape with box and instructions? Are they hard to come by? Saw one for sale. They claim they are rare but I don't know squat about Weems.

Thanks, Curt
smile.gif

Hmmm $10 to $86. That narrows it down...LOL
smile.gif
I kinda know what the regular Weems call goes for usually but the "Dualtone" thing is throwing me off. Don't know if it adds to the value much. My main question I suppose is, is the call, with this "Dualtone" feature rare like the seller claims? The dualtone is simply one of the little white squeaker voices punched in the side of the call.

Jay, AL, Rich, you up yet or what?
smile.gif
smile.gif

Curt,
I am up but Al Lux and Jay are probably taking a rest. Those guys are getting pretty dang old for this stuff.
smile.gif
I don't have a clue as to how much a Weems "dual tone" is worth. I used to have one but I lost it.
smile.gif
The little voice you see punched in to the side was used as a coaxer by closing the large hole in end of the barrel with your hand. This forced air through the little coaxer voice. I have a Weems "all call" that looks like the prototype had a hole for a coaxer but they plugged it before turning it over to injection molding folks.

I think a good Dual Tone should be worth anywhere from $20-$40 and up depending on the model and if its in the box. I personally like the older calls that came in the two pc black boxes. The later model had thick vinyl labels that peeled off to easy?

Rich, the all-call came in both wildcall and dual-tone model, hence the extra reed boss molded on the side of "most" all-calls. The dual tones would be drilled or punched out to except the coaxer reed.

If you need to know more then stay tuned for a soon to be released book..."PREDATOR CALLS, The first 50 years"

I still have mine, the finish a little worst for wear,but I can do rabbit distress, stick your finger to seal of the barrel,flutter your tongue in the mouthpiece for bird distress, and do the same thing straight for a mouse squeaker. A very versatile call and a favorite of mine

Back