S&W .22 mag

tripod3

I cleaned a .22 mag revolver for a friend.
It had a 2" barrel and was a very nice little pistol. Being stainless it had a nice weight.
Forgot but think it was a model 63. Looks much like the ones a couple friends in the prosecuters office carry.

The Model 63 is a 22 LR 6-shot stainless revolver. Maybe it was a 6-shot S&W Model 651 22 WMR which is the identical revolver to the S&W Model 63 except for a slightly longer cylinder and the resulting shorter forcing cone.

I have each with 4" barrels. I know that they made the earlier Model 651 with a 2" barrel but I don't know if a newer model with a 2" barrel now exists in S&W's line-up. IIRC, the newer Model 63's have an 8-shot cylinder but not sure about a current production Model 651.

I'm sure if you look around on the web that you can find more informatino.

Originally Posted By: GCThere is something special about the crack of the .22 Magnum from a handgun.

Especially without hearing protection in.

I have a 4 inch square butt 651. She's a shooter.

Originally Posted By: GCThere is something special about the crack of the .22 Magnum from a handgun.

About like a 30 carbine in a Ruger black hawk!

Originally Posted By: ackleymanOriginally Posted By: GCThere is something special about the crack of the .22 Magnum from a handgun.

About like a 30 carbine in a Ruger black hawk!

True dat!

In my world, nothing matches the sound of a 30 carbine in a Ruger Blackhawk. A 22 Mag in my 4" model 651 is loud, but it comes in second.

Back