Tss #4 for Bobcat and Coyote

Mtns2hunt

Anyone shoot TSS # 4 for coyote and Bobcat? Wondering how effective the TSS is on Coyote and if it will tear up a Bobcat.

Also plan on using a pattern master choke so I can vary my shot sizes as it does not have any constriction. I am loading my own so shot size is not an issue.

Been shooting Turkeys with TSS #9 and an Indian Creek choke with absolutely no complaints. I am shooting a TC Pro-hunter with a 20g Turkey barrel.

It might even be better to use #2 TSS for coyotes but I am concerned about tearing up a Bobcat. Bobcat is the holy grail for me at this point. Coyotes I kill regularly. I am looking for actual field experience.Thanks for any feed back.

Last edited:
No bobcat, but have killed quite a few coyote with #4 TSS. Very effective. Can't see how it would tear a bobcat up, unless like Slick said, punched a bore hole clean through at spitting distance.

- DAA

These tss posts always get me thinking about loading up some 3” 20 gauge shells and packing my kids youth shottie on some stands. From what I am seeing from people’s testing it sure is tempting.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Where is TSS Predator ammo available? I can’t seem to find any that isn’t sold out..

6mm06, don't think i have ever seen any tss ammo for sale in the bigger sizes that would be suited for predators. like #4 and bigger.

most guys are buying the shot and components and loading their own.

there may be somebody somewhere that is selling it to consumers, but if there is i just haven't seen them.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Where is TSS Predator ammo available? I can’t seem to find any that isn’t sold out..

I also could not find TSS in the larger sizes. So after reading several dozen posts on TSS decided to make my own.

The process is fairly simple with all the necessary material easy to find at least they were over the last couple weeks. As we get closer components will start to get scarce. Anyone planning to load their own should purchase the supplies off season.

Same thing with loaded shells. TSS has really taken off in popularity and will get scarce just prior to Turkey season.

Cost is a consideration for many but I seldom shoot more than 3 shells a Turkey season. I think the better performance is well worth the cost. Hunting coyotes much of the year may get more expensive.

Thanks For everyone's feedback on the effectiveness of #4 TSS on Coyotes and Bobcat. I will be hunting hard next month for a cat.

Originally Posted By: Mtns2huntHunting coyotes much of the year may get more expensive.

amen. you try your best to make the first shot be a kill shot so you don't have to shoot 3 or 4 more to get it killed. lol

Called Apex and was told they could load some 10 Gauge 3-1/2 loaded with #3 TSS 2-1/2 oz. I'm thinking this would work well on Coyotes. Nitro Co also loads some heavier #2, BB and BBB TSS. Grizz

Originally Posted By: GRIZZLYONECalled Apex and was told they could load some 10 Gauge 3-1/2 loaded with #3 TSS 2-1/2 oz.

did you get a price? bet those are high dolla.

Back